New diver here from Central Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I just started my diving journey at 30, and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Spent almost two weeks in Komodo National Park getting the first few certifications and wow, what a time that was.

Given not many people I know are into the activity, does anyone have recommendations for communities, clubs, social pages etc that would be a good fit? Would love to meet more enthusiasts around my age looking to go on trips and share experiences. Or if Scubaboard is the place to be, I also appreciate any pointers for how to use this forum! Currently living in Zurich, Switzerland (although I doubt the community there is particularly strong :p)

Thanks,
David

Welcome. ScubaBoard serves a number of functions; researching destinations and gear, getting feedback from difficult dive experiences and being part of a community of people who share your passion for diving. There's a lot to see.

SEBEK from Zurich and PARETO from Basel.

This is the place to be in.
Apart from this, I lurk in the DeeperBlue forum (not as active as this one) and a few facebook groups.

Hey everyone,

I just started my diving journey at 30, and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Spent almost two weeks in Komodo National Park getting the first few certifications and wow, what a time that was.

Given not many people I know are into the activity, does anyone have recommendations for communities, clubs, social pages etc that would be a good fit? Would love to meet more enthusiasts around my age looking to go on trips and share experiences. Or if Scubaboard is the place to be, I also appreciate any pointers for how to use this forum! Currently living in Zurich, Switzerland (although I doubt the community there is particularly strong :p)

Thanks,
David
Have a play with the BSAC club/branch finder, here, set for Switzerland.

Yeah I would say Facebook is a great place to search as well.

If you are also interested in diving in Switzerland you could checkout ts-s.ch. They do dives nearly every Wednesday and Saturday and I'm joining them quite often. I'm similar age as you and from Zug so not far

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom