Dogs & Scuba/Snorkelling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two hunting dogs I had (English shorthair pointers, natural born, brush bustin', rip snortin', rough *****, quail hunting machines) would have shredded a wetsuit within 15 minutes tearing through brush and briars. I imagine labs tearing through cat tails and brush around lakes would do the same. Interesting sales pitch to city folks though..."keep your poor dog warm....." HA !!

What makes you think that? By looking at the video its clear there isn’t even a full operating regulator in the system. It’s more on line with a free air system like an old surface supplied systems.

Gary D.
I guess on a visual level. The two corrugated tubes circling the animals are reminiscent of a rebreather in appearance to me, anyways.

So it's cycling air through the dome portion, continually free-flowing the exhaust so that the pet always has breathable air available? I guess that makes more sense, and I need to refrain from posting so soon after waking up. *grin*.

My co-worker:

smokey.png

I've never seen a doggie wetsuit, but I've seen plenty of doggie lifejackets. The cutest is this little bulldog (who apparently sinks like a rock) who goes jetskiing by where my mom boats. He'll jump off by the dock, swim up to the jetski, and his owner picks him up like a six-pack by the handle on the jacket so he can go for a ride.

--Shannon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom