Question Doing a liveaboard out of NAS cat ppalu 4/20-26/24. Wetsuit mm rec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Itsabeachthing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Water temps look like 74-77 from what I could find throughout the exumas? Is there a significant thermocline at depth (i cant remember)--from pacific coast where there is)? The trip is approx 5 days of diving 4 dives a day. We've been during july and aug in the past and never really needed wetsuits, but temps were much higher. I have a 1/2mm shorty, 3/4mm surf wetsuit, 5mm dive suit. I'm thinking the 5mm would be too much? Thanks for the help as were trying to travel as light as possible.

hopefully this catches you with enough time, but a 3mm is more than enough. If buying isn't an options or borrowing. you can usually rent at least a 3mm shorty from the boat. Personally last year in April, I just had a hooded vest with a rashguard and tech shorts. A 1mm for abrasion protection could be useful if you usually run hot. I'll be on the aqua cat the same time frame.

Just checked my dive logs and had 78-80 last year mid April

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom