Dominican?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XPATMANX

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello i was planning on going on a vacation in Punta Cana Dominican Republic. Obviously im going to go on a fiew dives. I was wondering if anyone has ever been diving in punta cana and if they had any suggestions on what i could do to have a better time.

Dove there this past summer. When you dive on the East side of the island it is pretty much coral foramtions, and swim throughs. The Carribean side from what I heard is real nice, but if you like swim throughs and coral foramtions then the East side is also nice. The wrecks are okay but there are better ones out there. Remember this that the surge is strong on some of the East side dive sites but relax and ride the surge and you will enjoy the effortless work involved but if you fight the surge you will tire out quickly. Have a great trip.

Jimmy

The only things I can say are 1), DivingPrincessE is right....if this thread gets relocated to the correct forum your responses will be better AND 2) Go to La Romano instead and dive Catalina Island. I was impressed with none of the diving except Catalina Island.....all dives are good dives though as long as I surface safe and healthy. Catalina has clear and calm waters where all other dives were rougher (not terrible) and worse visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom