Dont like diving w/ Sig others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the real concern in diving with your SO is the additional emotion that might cloud judgment IF a serious situation developed and you had to apply rescue or other emergency techniques. Would your mind be clear in doing so, or would the added emotions prevent you from clearly engaging the techniques.
QUOTE]

Don't overlook the insurance problem... things not going well at home, does she really need a full tank? Maybe she could do EAN 50 for the 120 foot dive.... then there is the 500K of insurance, and she never did like to boat dive anyway...

Both of you hehe

On our 30th dive my wife told me she had a good time!! Of course I "thought" she was having a good time way before that. She was diving well but was unsure of herself, and I failed to realize she was struggling with that. I watch closer now trying to be a better buddy :)

I do dive a bit more with other buddies than she does . When a few of us go she is usually the only female and it seemed to make her a little uncomfortable last year. So we are joining a club where there are a lot of other female divers so she can have some other buddies to dive with when I can't go. I asked her to join with me, she doesn't know my reason behind it. I do believe she would enjoy just going with the girls. We'll see how it goes.

Only having a couple of dives together is way too early to fret. Don't be afraid to yell at him and call him any name you want to underwater, he won't be able to tell anyway. Sometimes Pam (wife) has even let the lobsters go! It must be a picture, me trying to yell and her laughing.

Keep it fun, keep it fun, keep it fun

Charlie

The way I see it, there are pros and cons to diving with your SO. My wife and I are very different athletically, so any other sport has one of us holding back to stay with the other. Diving is not done better by the stronger, or more co-ordinated of the two, so we can dive at much the same level.
The con is that I find that SO's lose the "politeness factor" that we all extend to friends or acquaintances. Where she will tell a dive buddy to "maybe slow down a little", I get "WHAT THE $$#@#$ ARE YOU DOING?" Of course, I could just be a lousy buddy :rolleyes:
The ultimate pro is that we can spend an hour or two doing something together, and the rest of the day re-hashing and discussing it.

Wetvet

Becky,

The apollo's are great. I have a pair, my otherhalf had been trying to "borrow" them (permanantly) since I got them a few years ago. Just before she began her ITC, I gave them to her and She absolutely loves them. Of course, I missed those fins, ended up getting another pair. I would have given her a new set, but she really wanted mine. Go figure!

-Dennis

ScubaGhrl once bubbled...
drbill once bubbled...
I think the real concern in diving with your SO is the additional emotion that might cloud judgment IF a serious situation developed
We just had a couple in our dive club run up against this. They were diving in 70 feet when her masked got kicked off and she did a panic race to the surface. Fouteen seconds? Anyway, being newly weds, he followed her. They both got a chamber ride. I suspect if it had been an ugly ol feller like me, he wouldn't have joined me. He's a DiveCon and knows better. Come to think of it, so is she! :wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom