Doria 2006 on SEEKER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Mike,
"Isin't $1400 for 3 days a bit expensive? I mean jesus how much of a profit are you looking for? The Doria isin't in some exotic location...".
Gee Mike $1,400 is unusual. Joel Silverstein has a charter going for $2,750 to the AD. Personally, I don't have the skills nor the time to get them, but the dream is there.
If you can't or don't want to pay the price, don't go. But don't beat the man up for charging a price he needs to do the trip.

Well I payed for just one day in court getting devorced 3,000.00 and I did not even get wet or have fun so 1400.00 not bad if thats what you want to do.
HarryD

wow
i go away for a few days and look what i miss...
i miss all the fun :(

u-boat853:
I was planning to dive with you this sumer. Im alittle taken back by your respose. If you get this steam up about some one saying this trip cost to much, id hate to see what you do with a real problem. $1500 for this trip seems pretty fair to me. I just though you being the capt could have come up with some thing more professional than you did.
so let people say whatever and not defend onesself is the way to handle it...
i think he said WAY more than anyones buisness in the first place...

Solitude Diver:
One question…..how do people usually fair with seasickness? :11doh: Is Dramamine (or equivalent) usually enough, or is it (seasickness) usually a problem? I find that to go out in water with waves/swells 6'+ I need to take pills and then I do ok, but I have never stayed out for more than an 8 hr day in any kind of seas.

QUOTE]

Try Ginger Pills...it worked on MythBusters and on my wife :)

Paul in VT

Capt. Michael Jensen:
I would put in a call to DAN.

As far as long term acclimatization goes, it generally takes around 3 days to get your "sea legs" so you'd be good to go by the time we got home. :D

I have seen good results with either Transderm Scopolamine (The Patch) or Scopace tablets. These are both in use by the Navy.

There is little information on using either of these products while diving.

Again, I recommend a call to DAN. They can have an MD give you some info on some of the possible side effects. Give them as much info as possible on the type of diving you will be doing while using these meds.

We look forward to your evaluation trip!

Good Luck,

Mike

'Nuff said

Anybody read "Deep Descent" by Kevin F. McMurray? Subtitled is Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria

By the way... Last July we were out there for 4 days, flat as a pancake, literally like a lake, during the day you could see Oil Sheen bubbling up around the boat from the Doria, barely any breeze. We had a little squall on the way in but it was a real comfortable trip.

Is the arguement being made here not that they're charging too much, since it's less than other opperators and justified, and that it's in their opinion just too much to be spending on something like this?

If so, wow, that's kinda subjective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom