Dork Chat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, OK, your wish has been granted...

There's now a :dork2: chatroom.

OK thanks EL :god::god::god:

Now we have a :smilie_ho

Hope all dorks will come home asap

Okay, have I just been unlucky, or does it seem as if the chat suffers from the same floundering that originally afflicted a chat from another forum I've been on for ages. People don't tend to *be* there much. As far as the other chat, we solved the issue by declaring a weekly "official" chat time, where people can know that people will be there (since we all try to be there then, if possible).

As divers, it seems we're often away on weekends, so how about something like Tuesday or Thursday evenings US time, with options on additional "official" times to accommodate our international chatting friends?

We have our "weekly official geocaching chat" from 8:30-10pm US Central Time every Monday night. In four more Mondays, we'll hit 300 consecutive weeks, so apparently, setting a gathering time works. (Although we also use a real IRC server, so those who want to connect with something better than flash or java can use mIRC -- complete with Text-To-Speech support -- or whatever, but hey, you can't have everything, eh? :biggrin:) You don't need to *only* chat during "official" times, of course, but knowing you're likely to find a crowd then keeps it from fading away.

Super idea! Pick a day and time.
Dave

You're welcome to join our NFL Sunday chat... :football:

(Starting at 01:00 PM EST / 07:00 PM CET)

I think someone should start a poll to make the Dork forum opt-out only with MOD approval. So you would default to :dork2: unless a MOD explicitly removes you for lack of DORKiness? :D In otherwords, DORK until proven innocent.

:fruit:

You're welcome to join our NFL Sunday chat... :football:

(Starting at 01:00 PM EST / 07:00 PM CET)
Assuming my native home team, the Green Bay Packers, keeps up the good work, I just might have to do that. :biggrin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom