Dork Diver Roll Call- Worldwide!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*** mod post ***

dear all,

i have been asked to do a cleanup of this thread as a number of posts were off topic
(which is a DORK traint i believe :wink:) but would like to keep this thread as a pure
DD Intro thread for all you DORK'ees

ordinarily i would pm all posters deleted and advise them
but to be honest there were too many to remember you all
so if you are missing posts thats why they are gone.

i thank you all for your (my) DORK'yness

cheers

*** mod post ***

thecurleyque:
Hi. My name is Jen and I'm a dork in Ohio.

Welcome Jen! And congratulations on recognizing your Dorkness so early in your diving life.

Hello all, I'm Chris from San Jose, CA. Computer dork by trade and have carried it to diving.

I was a Dork Diver before Dork Divers were cool.

Dennis Wilt, Sebastian, FL and Williamsburg, VA

I am Eric, from Winchester VA, and I am a dork in every aspect of my life. I started early...ya know, trying to be dorky with my friends...then it got worse. I started at home with my family...then it affected me at school...people at work started noticing...it keeps getting worse...I mean I started out tripping on curbs, forgetting my belt, needing a bib at lunch...till the other day...I was in between raquetball games, and as I went back to enter the court, I walked smack into the (very clean) plexiglass wall...and of course, like every dorky thing we do, there were plenty of people to see it...

I am Rob from just outside of Dallas, TX. I try to fake being cool by having a name like RadRob. I mean, who says "rad" anymore? I am stuck in th 80's, no mullet though. I still quote movies from the 80's and 90's like billy madison, or fast times at ridgemont high. I have just realized I am working with people who weren't even born yet to see the movies I quote. I always wondered why they looked at me funny and called me dork. Now I know. I finally admit I am a dork, and darn proud of it.

Thanks guys, I feel better already.

Nothing wrong with recognizing and embracing your inner dork, Rob...you are truly one of us. :)

"Now go get me a turkey pot pie." :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom