Dork Divers take note:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My God, if it weren't for me, this place would be boring. This whole thing started in General Scuba and now it's on my User CP. Do you really think I care if you wear Lifesavers on your AL80s, ginomous purple split fins or bunny wabbit beanies? Don't you think without a little teasing back and forth this place would be :sleeping: ??

RoyN:
Hey...I became a Dork Diver after a couple few California so-called DIR divers wasn't being nice and became complete jerks. :shakehead And its true, I've seen DIR divers who probably have about 200 dives or less that don't even give me a nod or anything, only the old divers who are true DIRS that don't hang in the forum here and others actually talk to me. Anyways, I'm putting that in back of me knowing that I'm in a club that I know I belong to. :) So...when is there gonna be a California Dork Diver get-together? :D

Roy- I'm looking forward to getting out there sometime and diving with you- I missed the concours event at Pebble Beach this year so the chances of me being out there with gear are slim, but I'm not above renting if need be. I'll try to stash some gear next time I head out... just in case!

I think you, merxlin and Teamcasa need to meet up somewhere for sure!

RoyN:
So...when is there gonna be a California Dork Diver get-together? :D
I'm going to add some dorkitude to the November Wrinkles dive at Catalina, you should come and help me invade :D
Ber :lilbunny:

TheRedHead:
I don't care if people dive like dorks. Dash was trolling in the General Scuba section though. :wink:

Wow, I didnt even know there was a Dork Divers sub-forum. Until now. I guess I have RedHead to thank for that, lord knows, she didnt add anything else to the thread except bad vibes...

For what its worth, I was looking for something unrelated on LP and these tank wraps showed up. I laughed at them, especially the Lifesavers ones and wondered if the Dork Divers guys, who always seem to be laughing at themselves, (which I find admirable, at least) would find it funny.

I wasnt trolling. I was hoping to start a lighthearted, fun thread based on something a little wacky. I guess I have to be extremely careful before laughing over things with my fellow divers......Dork, DIR, or Hog....whatever...

Dash Riprock:
Wow, I didnt even know there was a Dork Divers sub-forum. Until now. I guess I have RedHead to thank for that, lord knows, she didnt add anything else to the thread except bad vibes...

You can't take a little good natured teasing? I'm sure the entire Dork Diver movement came about from Mo2vation's posts on "We'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." One of the funniest things I've ever read on SB.

You guys sit in here and poke all sorts of fun at DIR/GUE/HOG divers, but the DIR forum would find poking fun at dork divers off topic.

Perhaps I'll post of big whine & cheeze about how Dorks have no sense of humor. :wink:

TheRedHead:
You can't take a little good natured teasing? I'm sure the entire Dork Diver movement came about from Mo2vation's posts on "We'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." One of the funniest things I've ever read on SB.

You guys sit in here and poke all sorts of fun at DIR/GUE/HOG divers, but the DIR forum would find poking fun at dork divers off topic.

Perhaps I'll post of big whine & cheeze about how Dorks have no sense of humor. :wink:

Well, I apologize if I didnt get your sense of humor. I re-read your individual posts in this thread and quite frankly, I didnt get the "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" feeling at all. "Good natured teasing" usually has a component of obviousness. In fact you seemed quite offended that I "trolled" the Basic forum. Overall, it tended to bring down the thread, so I dont think it really worked.

By the way, Ive never posted regarding the Dork Divers, and have never joined in on any conversations about it. I just saw the tank wraps and thought of them. I wouldnt be personally insulted at anything anyone had to say about them.

Im typically a sarcastic person, I tend to pick up on it quickly, but failed to so with your comments. My apologies to you for mis-reading your posts.

Dash Riprock:
Well, I apologize if I didnt get your sense of humor. I re-read your individual posts in this thread and quite frankly, I didnt get the "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" feeling at all. "Good natured teasing" usually has a component of obviousness. In fact you seemed quite offended that I "trolled" the Basic forum. Overall, it tended to bring down the thread, so I dont think it really worked..

You don't know the history of the Dork movement and the clashes with the DIR folks. Just a little intercollegiate skirmish on the open field of General Scuba. My apologies if you were offended.

I'll now leave you dorks to your beanie discussions. :wink:

Dash Riprock:
I just saw the tank wraps and thought of them. I wouldnt be personally insulted at anything anyone had to say about them.

I lean toward snorkel wraps, myself. Especially since I don't own any tanks (and therefore can't paint them/wrap them/sticker them up. But I haven't been able to find any- snorkel wraps, that is. I can find tanks okay. I like the pretty ones with the air in them. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom