Double Steels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whats your sac if your looking for 130s?
and are you like 6'5" 300?

I'm only 6'3" and 245, should I sell my double 130's and get some 119's?

Ace: Give old Bob at Bob's Sport and Dive in Hamilton a call. I honestly don't know if he is still in business, but a year or two ago I was poking around for tanks, and he offered me a couple of his rental PST hp119's for $200 each with Hydro's. Maybe he has something kicking around for a good price.

Jim

Fyi are 108 lp's / 130 hp are great tanks. I used to dive them in my dry suit and needed no extra weight with a SS backplate. I can speak from actual experience. We used to do a dive them to 280 or get 2 nice shallow 120 foot dives on a set. The older OMS had a lot of problems with rust under the boots. If you go LP just make sure you have someone what will fill them up for you. We used to do cave fills and in the 12 years I was diving double never had one fail hydro. The old PST 104's are the best for dry suit diving but are hard to come by....

Ace: Give old Bob at Bob's Sport and Dive in Hamilton a call.

Just called them - they have a pair of HP 120s only
Will keep in mind.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm still looking for the best option (In Great Toronto Area or near)
As mentioned above by Trimixdivin HP130, LP 104 or LP108

Two single tanks is an option too (if price is right)

The HP 120's are not the best choice for a drysuits the bouyancy is pretty bad on them.

Kinda depends on your build. At 6-2 240 I love mine diving dry. Shorter tanks like HP 100's I feel more head heavy, and the longer tanks are easier for me to get on and off (they are tall enough to rest them on the bench when I am putting them on)

Got 130's
Thanks to all.
Please close the thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom