doubles and singles regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't most AI units have quick disconnects available? Could you just add one to both regs so you only have to unclip and reclip it each time you switched?

kidspot:
Don't most AI units have quick disconnects available? Could you just add one to both regs so you only have to unclip and reclip it each time you switched?
Not if it's a wrist mount. If it's wrist mount it would have the transmitter screwed into the HP port on the 1st stage. If he would want to use the AI on both regs he would have to move the transmitter back and forth between the two reg sets, or get a second transmitter.

Matt

Corigan:
Not if it's a wrist mount. If it's wrist mount it would have the transmitter screwed into the HP port on the 1st stage. If he would want to use the AI on both regs he would have to move the transmitter back and forth between the two reg sets, or get a second transmitter.

Matt

The other option with respect to the ai computer is leave the sensor on my singles rig. The computer works without it. My doubles rig has an spg and I intend on getting a dive rite duo computer. So the AI computer can be my backup, plus it is only a single gas anyway. On my singles rig, the computer will be my spg for that rig.

kidspot:
Those things are not cheap... think $300 - $500.

wow - that's expensive ... I figured it would be like the high pressure disconnects I just got for $4 ...

Just get a simple SPG and clip it off ... it's a lot cheaper :wink:

kidspot:
wow - that's expensive ... I figured it would be like the high pressure disconnects I just got for $4 ...

Just get a simple SPG and clip it off ... it's a lot cheaper :wink:
My reading comprehension skills are lacking... I thought you meant a transmitter on each reg.

pants!:
My reading comprehension skills are lacking... I thought you meant a transmitter on each reg.

He's on a completely different subject. He's referring to an AI console computer which usually has the option of a quick disconnect. We are talking about the wireless transmitters.

I have an Zeagle Tec 50D (Apeks) for my singles. I have a Cobra computer on those regs. All of my teaching and most of my recreational dives are with these regs.

For my doubles I have 2 Apeks Atx 200's, 1 with an SPG on it.
I use a Vyper in guage mode as a bottom timer. We always dive tables for technical dives, so a computer isn't needed. If I'm doing a recreational dive with doubles, the Vyper can go in Nitrox mode.

I don't swap parts from my tec regs and my rec regs.

best of luck, hope this helps.

I am hesitant to only trust tables. I always use both on technical dives. Usually my computer clears before my deco stop based on tables dictates but it kinda gives me a comfort zone of knowing I've exceeded the requirement.

H2Andy:
i only have two first stages, which is fine for doubles, of course.

but when it comes time for singles, i have to move my SPG and backup second
reg from one first stage to my primary one

it takes about five minutes, tops

when i go to DINs, i will be very happy, as i will have a spare first stage then
on which to build a dedicated single tank rig

im with you on this one. why spend extra on a 3rd set when 2 will do. since i am selling my poseidon (not dir friendly) will apeks black pearl and maybe a ds4 atx50 or 40 do? will use the black pearl for singles and when i decide to do doubles will slap in the ds4/atx50 /40 you think its a good combo?

Back
Top Bottom