Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba:
4. Using the system is easy. Assuming you start with 3000 PSI

Tank 1 2500 switch
Tank 2 2500 switch
Tank 1 2000 switch
Tank 2 2000 switch
Tank 1 1500 ...and out

Would you reccomend this method for overhead or mandatory deco dives? It appears to violate the 1/3's rule by 500 psi, if I am reading it correctly.

I think he's saying you breathe both tanks to 2000, and then while going out you breathe down to 1500, switch to #2, breathe it down, repeat.

That is not what I got from it. If diving a recreational profile, this method would be abundantly cautious. If diving a technical profile, I would tend to question it's safety. But I have been known to be wrong quite consistently, lol.

scubafool:
Would you reccomend this method for overhead or mandatory deco dives? It appears to violate the 1/3's rule by 500 psi, if I am reading it correctly.

um go back and read --- this is for no stop or simple decompression ---

the gas management is up to you -- this was a GENERAL view of the topic.

cheers

scubafool:
That is not what I got from it. If diving a recreational profile, this method would be abundantly cautious. If diving a technical profile, I would tend to question it's safety. But I have been known to be wrong quite consistently, lol.

that all depends on who was doing the dive --- if the diver is a dope they have no need to be in the water to begin with -- if the diver is accomplished and can manage gas -- this has a mimimal risk factor --

understand the tools and it works very well --- essentialy you get to do a "single" tank profile while having the gas supply of 2 tanks which give you "window of safety" and the opportunity to get in an extra 15-20 minutes of on-the-bottom time and STILL have plenty of gas ....... oh wait ..... its double tanks ...... that's what its supposed to do ......

dive on

Thanks alot guys...It has helped alot like i said i am looking to do some Rec...Diving with doubles not Tech stuff yet.Thanks again and keep the information comming if any of you have any thing else about diving independent doubles. Ohhh also just for your information i dont plan tying these out until proper training and somome is willing to to do it with me. Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom