Down in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BomberoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Whats up SB!!!

Im down in Cancun in the Walmart right now using the net, and this week has gone by fast....
I have not dived this first week cause family was down with us and they are non divers, so we have to decide on a dive ops here for this week.
All we have done is snorkel. We did go to Akumal and saw huge sea turtles in about 4-5 feet of water and huge barracudas. We went right in Akumal to the Centro Ecologico to schedule a night trip to see sea turtles lay their eggs but they were full. They do charge a $10 donation per person. Maybe we will try this week going over there.
We also rented a small boat for a day with all the food you can eat and took us to Isla Mujeres for the day for $150 {which we did split the cost with our family}. They also took us to El Garrafon and saw barracudas, huse Stingray, and other colorful fish, which I can not identify. They aslo took us to Manchones reef and snorkeled there, I{d guess 25-30 feet or so, and we saw a small nurse shark and this was only snorkeling...
Anyways...we have been having fun. My wife doesnt want to go back...w ll see.......

Bomberodiver
PS I ll post a dive report when I come back...

quick sneak out now and we'll go night diving! If you are interested there are also turtle egg laying watching tours run by the people in the Sian Ka'an Biosphere that go from 9pm-midnight at USD58 person if you meet them in Tulum. Some people like to do that and stay overnight in their eco-cabins in the jungle and wake up to a morning kayaking in the wetlands. They keep inviting me but have not yet been so all I know is this!

Hey Bomberodiver - CAT said there is rain on the way. Just a thought, If bad weather is coming, you can still plan a few dives in the cenotes. So what if it's raining outside! You've already experienced some of the reefs this would be a nice change of pace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom