Dr. Atkins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was my official weigh in day. So I lost 6 lbs. in this first week.
No ill effects and I haven't been hungry.

On to week 2

The first time I tried this diet I lost 6 lbs in one week. Sure I was happy with the results, but I felt dizzy, didn't have enough energy, and just crummy. Then being a girl and all, a "visit" came early without warning. My Doctor said it was due to the body going in "shock" from eating my normal intake every day to a totally different intake.

The 2nd time I tried it I lost weight again & I felt perfectly fine. It's sticking to a diet I'm horrible at! :)

and the official weight in is 10 lbs lost. I find this a very easy diet to stay on. I was never a big sweet or snack food lover so they don't temp me.

I was at a party this weekend and they had all kinds of High Carb things severed but there was enought cheese, meats and crab to keep me satisfied. I wasn't standing there with my tongue hanging out boring everyone with the fact that, "I'm on a diet."
I drank light beer.

No ill effects so far so I looking forward to next week's weight in.

Started on Atkins Jan. 3, 2003. Weighed 284
As of right now, I weigh 226 (still not wetsuit-ready, though)

I figure I've got another 50 lbs/6 months to go. And yes, it's very easy to stay on. I haven't had anything other than water since I started, and before that I was a 6-8 soda a day type.

Final report on the Atkins diet.

I've been on the Atkins diet since April 20th. Just about a month.
I lost 11 lbs. Which is not bad results.

The problem is that I have had 6 bouts with the gout in that time.
Gout is caused by urimic (sp) acid in the blood. Rich foods such as meat and fish causes gout. This is what you eat on the Atkins diet. I am stopping the diet.

I'm going back to low fat and high FIBER diet. I do miss my morning trip that was always right on schedule. Hopefully since I followed the Atkins pretty regularly that I will have the will power to stick to a diet with less fat.

If you are prone to gout be cautioned. Take it from an old guy.

(this guy Bill Phillips wrote a great book on this....quite encouraging...and provides a great exercise plan) and am down 20 lbs from the start...

No medical problems, and I run 20 minutes or more, three or four times each week.

I urge everyone to do what is right for them...

As others have said, eat right and exercise...Its the candy, the 12 snacks each day, the latte's, etc that get ya...At least that was what got me... :(

If you actually are honest in writing down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth (other than a regulator...heh), you might be surprised....

I don't know if my cholestrol has changed, but I'll be getting it checked within the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Sean

Back
Top Bottom