Dr. Bill is retiring from SCUBA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving at Catalina should increase three-fold over the next year.

a) A bunch of ScubaBoarders will make the pilgrimage to see the good doctor in the new threads.

b) Far fewer visitors will get scared away. Every time the doc came out of the water in the old suit, some divers were so convinced that he had been attacked by a Shark that they thimbed their dives!

Love seein' the old dogs doing new tricks!

Wristshot

Bill, from the looks of the M&B, you didn't get that suit off until you fulfilled your biological need. :D

Mo2vation:
24826574.DrBintheNewSuit.jpg

I remember how shocked I was to see this new Seaquest after years of the buttless wonder.

If I recall, the Seaquest suit looked like this for about 3 or 4 dives... :D

---
Ken

Ken- Your picture didn't display. If you have a good one of me in the Seaquest, I'd like to see it. That Seaquest started falling apart after 20-25 dives due to the defective fabric used on that model. It did look pretty nice for the first few dives though.

The buttless wonder was still the warmest wetsuit I've ever dived... well, until the dropseat appeared at least. Even legless I was toasty in 51 degrees.

John- it was good to see you and your wife in your new dry suits. Glad this will make our winters more diveable for both of you.

Tom- what's wrong with the sweatshirt? Are you a bitter Yalie after our football team trounced their "highly favored" butts?

drbill:
Ken- Your picture didn't display. If you have a good one of me in the Seaquest, I'd like to see it. That Seaquest started falling apart after 20-25 dives due to the defective fabric used on that model. It did look pretty nice for the first few dives though.

The buttless wonder was still the warmest wetsuit I've ever dived... well, until the dropseat appeared at least. Even legless I was toasty in 51 degrees.

John- it was good to see you and your wife in your new dry suits. Glad this will make our winters more diveable for both of you.

Tom- what's wrong with the sweatshirt? Are you a bitter Yalie after our football team trounced their "highly favored" butts?

It worked yesterday.

Here's a link.

K

http://www.pbase.com/firelogg/image/24826574

I think dr.bill should put his suit on Ebay as a collectible. I bet it would fetch a great price!

Kaz

Now THAT's a great idea! Hmmm. I wonder what it would fetch on E-Bay. Maybe M&B would buy just so it doesn't get any "mass media" exposure (even though it would be a testament to the great suit that it was).

Hmmm... maybe I could start Dr. Bill's Museum of Diving and feature my M&B and Seaquest suits, as well as all the others I've worn over the last 44 years. Trouble is, I don't know anyone "stupid" enough to pay admission to see them.

Wow, Ken... that Seaquest sure looked good for the first 10-15 dives. Thanks for the image.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom