Driving Back From San Carlos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would guess it would be Nogales (assuming that is where you cross back into the US), elevation 3,865 ft.

Gee, why would you go thru Nogales on your way back to Yuma ?

I wouldn't - there is a highway that cuts over to Algadones or San Luiz Mex. That we could take. My main concern was the elevation. If its up to 3800+ ft. then we couldn't really do three tanks and then jump in the car and head home. Would have to spend the night. Same problem when we go to San Diego. up 4140 ft. Do three tanks and then have to spend the night.
Thats why I was asking about the elevation. We recently did three tanks at Catalina which was a 5-6 hour trip but when done diving we were once again stranded on the other side of the mountain. no way home till the next day. I was just thinking that if there were no elevation problems we could shoot down dive and just come on home. There's enough drivers to do 5-6 hours.
montyb

Back
Top Bottom