Question Drop off dive at Cocoview Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cisco_Pug

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband (63) and myself (52) are going to Cocoview this summer. We are curious about the drop-off dive, particularly the exit. How is it exiting on the shore, as far as difficulty goes? We're not sure how physically demanding that will be and whether we're up for that or not. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Piece of cake. You swim in from the wreck then gradually ascend (following a clearly marked path) until you get to a wooden platform in about 5 feet of water. Then you remove your fins and walk to the beach which is 30 yards from your locker. If you want, you can take off your tank at a conveniently placed bench at shore's edge and walk back without your tank.

The path from the wreck to the wreck has some of the most amazing critters that you can see.

It does not get any easier than this.

It’s an extremely easy exit, all sand, no stony shores or rocks. There are a couple different platforms where you can take off your fins etc, and benches right by the water’s edge. The walk from the shore back to the storage lockers is very short.

If for any reason you find yourself struggling, just let your DM on the boat know and they can arrange to help/meet you at the water. But if you don’t have any underlying mobility issues, you should be fine.

They will show you the shore dive (entry and exit) as part of your orientation dive when you arrive, so you can see exactly what the route looks like from the end of the drop-off dive to shore.

There are a couple different platforms where you can take off your fins etc, and benches right by the water’s edge.

Only one platform where you can remove fins! It may be a little difficult to walk to the beach with your fins on…😲

Oh perfect! Thank you so much to everyone who answered!
Go to the Cocoview live cams and you can watch divers do this in real time.

Only one platform where you can remove fins! It may be a little difficult to walk to the beach with your fins on…😲

There are two; the taller one you’re probably thinking about is out in the middle right after you come off the chain (standalone platform). But there’s a second lower one attached to the boardwalk (about halfway out to the gazebo with hammocks). The second one is significantly better for folks like me who are not very tall; I usually take my fins off there. There’s also a ladder if you want to climb up.

That said, sometimes I swim in all the way until I’m only in a foot of water. The benches are quite helpful then.

There are two; the taller one you’re probably thinking about is out in the middle right after you come off the chain (standalone platform). But there’s a second lower one attached to the boardwalk (about halfway out to the gazebo with hammocks). The second one is significantly better for folks like me who are not very tall; I usually take my fins off there. There’s also a ladder if you want to climb up.

That said, sometimes I swim in all the way until I’m only in a foot of water. The benches are quite helpful then.

I’m pedantic. That’s a pier not a platform…😉

I’ve never seen anyone do that but definitely possible for height-challenged people!

It's easy but gets boring when you do the same freaking dive every other time. Not understanding why the Cocoview boat can't or won't take divers to different sites rather than the same boring wall dive. It's the main reason I haven't gone back.

It's easy but gets boring when you do the same freaking dive every other time. Not understanding why the Cocoview boat can't or won't take divers to different sites rather than the same boring wall dive. It's the main reason I haven't gone back.
It’s weird, but it works. There is SO much to see, it’s like it forces you to slow down and see the things you would otherwise have blown past. There are always new things to see. The sealife moves around from day to day. CCV is quirky, and that aspect appealed to me very much.

Back
Top Bottom