Drug smuggling diver found unconscious in Detroit River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capone was a little different, he was importing booze that was not available here. Made too much money at it and got caught on the tax evasion of the booze profits. Never got sent to prison for the smuggling, just not paying the taxes on the money he made from smuggling.

That is exactly my point. He didn't go to prison for prostitutes, murder, or smuggling...... tax evasion for the profits from the above is what brought him down. Don't fear the FBI or the DEA, fear the IRS.

I AM SO CONFUSED!

A) he *left* the drysuit in the hotel?
B) they threw him overboard TIED TO 300 POUNDS? I'm guessing they were wrapped in plastic?
C) if the cops *saw* him being thrown into the water, was he unconscious before he went into the water?

DETROIT (FOX 2) -
[snip]
In the search, federal agents said they found 5 cell phones and a laptop. But they also said they found a dry suit, used by scuba divers to keep the wearer dry and warm in cold water conditions. [snip]

Almost two weeks later, on June 5, Border Patrol Agents on patrol found a vessel had crossed the border and they tried to stop it. That's when the agents saw two large bundles being throw into the water.

When the agents approached the bundles, they found a man, later identified as Mousseau, floating unconscious in the water.

He was pulled from the water and agents determined he was tied to the bundles with a tow strap. The bundles were identified as marijuana and weighed in at roughly 265 pounds total.

So basically they saw the cops, ditched the stash, and never noticed one of the dudes got tangled up in the webbing and went overboard with it? Can't see that happening at all, nosir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom