Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm....looks like some of the posts in this thread were casualities.

Jeff,

I'm going to be jumping in on Sunday. I haven't tried the "sleeve" method yet, but I'll give it a try. It's either going to work, or we'll be getting a nice freezing cold trickle into the suits. Have a safe one on Saturday and let me know how it goes.

Eric,

I've heard of the coffee stir stick method. I'll see how the sleeve method works. Actually, filling them with air before the dive has been quite effective so far. Since they are still fairly new, I don't know what kind of depth I can get away with before needing some type of equilizing system.

Cheers

Hey guys!
I dove gilboa quarry down in ohio saturday and was planning on trying the seal overlap suggestion but after driving 2 1/2 hours to get there I am sorry to say I didnt try it. I will the next time I dive a little closer to home. I feel bad that I cannot give a thumbs up or a thumbs down on this technique and hope that you can understand. If I was a little closer to home there wouldnt have been so much to lose. I will however try in the near future.
Hey bio guy did you try the overlap technique and if so how did it work. Jeff Greatlakes diver.

Hey Bio guy!
I was thinking about the drygloves, and the way that we have both been using them. That is putting air in them at the surface befor the dive. And think that this is the best way. If you put the sleve under the seals getting air to them might be a choir. Just like you boots you might have to make them the highest point. When you fill them with air at the surface they are already filled. And if you use heat packs like I do and are using a argon bottle for your drysuit this would snuff out the heat packs. The argon doesnt let the heat packs activate. I have heard this from many folks and have tried it; its true. Anyway let me know if the air transfer worked for you. Jeff Greatlakes diver.

I tried all the different types of dry gloves. However i settled on the endurotech semi-dry kevlar 3mm. I often dive in low temperatures here in England , down to 2 degrees in the inland quaries. I find them plenty warm enough, although everyones heat retention capacity varies.

Take a look: http://www.divernet.com/bubbling/bub0800.htm

LOL....Jeff

No problem, I did the same thing. I ended up at the site, felt the water, and decided it was not a good day to potentially ruin a great dive. Water was 39 F, (4 C), so things are slowly starting to warm up. I was thinking though, if the seal overlap works itself loose over the course of a dive, the sleave method would fail, but it should only wick in the water, so a fload is unlikely. Those gloves are awsome. My hand were plenty warm.

Hey bio guy!
I am glad that it didnt ruin your dive. The water was the same down in ohio and I just couldnt do it. If you think about it the method that we use and the one that is in the instructions is pretty fail safe. You dont realize you even have bare skin on your wrist once you are down for a minute or so. So it's probably the best way.
We'll talk to ya later. Jeff Greatlakes diver

Back
Top Bottom