Dry Suit and Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrc:
Milo,
The undergarments are thick, water temps here are 44.I not sure if thinner graments would be warm enough. I'll try reaching valves on land with suit on. But, do you think the harness has anything to do with it ?

I understand that the undies must work for the temps you are diving in.
Reaching the valves on land while suited up is near impossible for me.
The tanks slide to far down my back unless seated on something supporting the tanks.
In the water due to horizontal trim the valves are easily reached.

Diagnosing suit fit is a good place to start.

If your harness is to loose it may allow the tanks to slide to far down your back so make sure the harness is fitted properly.

But then as TS&M has stated the next step is technique.
Do you dive with other divers or know other divers who could help you in your area?

What you need is someone who can watch and critique you as far as trim, arch of back, and arm position.
Oh I almost forgot:
MAKE SURE THAT YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND EYES FORWARD WHEN DOING THE VALVE DRILL this will prevent you from hunching your shoulders which is what happens when you drop your head. Hunched shoulders can easily put the valves out of reach.

Good luck, and if I can be of any further help feel free to ask.

Milo

Back
Top Bottom