Dry Suit Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I always wanted to try a HP 100. That may be the reason that I need lol

I love my Hollis F1 fins. Reminds me of my old Scubapro Jet Fins. All the propulsion you need for sure.

I have both Hollis F1 and Mares Power Plana, and I prefer the latter for the lighter weight, shorter length and the holes that make the fin easier to hold. The fit is really important and that may be a factor in choice of fin as there are differences in foot pocket shape and size.

Hollis F1 are great for a dry suit in the water: durable, powerful and with a generous foot pocket. In your luggage, however, they are among the heaviest fins around - 3,2kg, 7 pounds. In UK many divers rave about Apeks RK3. Someone wrote this review:

"basically an improved version of the classic rocket fin, the apeks rk3 is much lighter, and made of softer material than the classic, which was most people's biggest gripe. this means less cramps, and less weight to lug around. this is a powerful fin though, and still on the stiffer side. its shorter fin is great for frog kicks, and when maneuvering around tighter spots. its also great for packing it in your check in dive bag. the steel spring straps are my favorite feature though, slipping these on is a piece of cake, and it stays snug, way better than plastic straps! highly recommended."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom