Dry Suit for a Smaller Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
My gf is just starting to research getting a dry suit. She's 5'4" and about 110 lbs. She'd like a trilam suit, and would like to pay at most around $1500 if at all possible (willing to consider very lightly used suits as well). Any suggestions for what suits she should consider? Thanks.

Edit: Not just looking for general recommendations for dry suits, but specific info about suits known to fit smaller women!

I had a similar issue with my girlfriend and the only thing that would fit her at just over 5'5" and around 105# were the O'Neill suits (neoprene only), but I looked at many size charts and I think you can find some suits that fit your gf (at least on paper) fairly easily without going custom. Check out Bare sizes 6 or 8 or Whites size 6 for example.

drl:
I'm 5'2", 110#, and my off-the-rack White's Catalyst fits perfectly. Women's extra small. It's not a cheap suit but it fits well. The Nexus probably has the same size availability and is less expensive.

Technically the xs is designed to fit a slightly taller person, therefore I would suggest that a Whites Small would fit....having said that everyone likes a slightly different fit, and wears slightly different undergarments she'll just need to find one to try on!

Happy searching!

Tyler

my wife is 5'3" and enjoys her USIA dry suit. She ended up having to go with a built in boot as they did not make socks small enough. That was the main size related constraint.

my wife is 5'3" and enjoys her USIA dry suit (techniflex?). She ended up having to go with a built in boot as they did not make socks small enough. That was the main size related constraint.

She likes the built in boot so that was not a problem.

I'm 5'6" and 120lbs and just dove my Bare NexGen today for the first time. Mine is a size small. They have x-small which I'm sure would fit someone who is 5'4" 110lbs slightly smaller than me.

FYI if you try this suit the wrist seals are very tight. I have a tiny bony wrist and the size small cuff was unbearable. You might need to go with size small wrist seals and x-small drysuit.

www.divetank.com does fitting (you give measurements) and guarantees their fit. They will exchange anything they size wrong, etc.

Miranda

Back
Top Bottom