Dry Tortuga Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going March 8th - 11th. We were scheduled to go in Jan. but it was cancelled due to weather. The lds owner talked the the boat owner last week. He said he has had to cancel every trip this year due to weather. I hope we don't get cancelled next week. I am taking a 3mm.

I can tell you this weekends forcast isn't looking good. It's like that every winter, the weekends are hosed because of the weather but Wednesdays are real nice!

Also you can't enter the park with speared fish. So when the first fish is shot, you're stuck outside.

The last I heard, you can enter the park with lobster or speared fish. But, you are not allowed to DIVE in the park if you have lobster or speared fish on board. A private or commercial vessel may still enter the park to visit Fort Jefferson, anchor for the night, etc.

tw369:
I am going March 8th - 11th. We were scheduled to go in Jan. but it was cancelled due to weather. The lds owner talked the the boat owner last week. He said he has had to cancel every trip this year due to weather. I hope we don't get cancelled next week. I am taking a 3mm.

Hey tw369-

I'll be on your boat also. I was suppose to go Feb. 15-18 but, like you said, it got cancelled because of weather. I am from flying down from MN so, see ya there. I am taking my 3mm Pinnacle Seal.

Austin

If you guys going on the March 8-11th wouldn't mind posting a trip report when you get back right b4 I go, I would gladly appreciate it. This way I could hope to reap all the benefits that this excursion offers. I will not only pray for calm seas from the 13-16th, but from the 8-16th, to look out for both of our trips. I am about to go purchase my safety sausage!
ScubaLuuke

ScubaLuuke:
If you guys going on the March 8-11th wouldn't mind posting a trip report when you get back right b4 I go, I would gladly appreciate it. This way I could hope to reap all the benefits that this excursion offers. I will not only pray for calm seas from the 13-16th, but from the 8-16th, to look out for both of our trips. I am about to go purchase my safety sausage!
ScubaLuuke

No problem, will do.

Austin

I hope to see you there MSP. The weather is not looking good. If it is cancelled we are going to rent a car and dive at key largo and Pompano beach.

I hope to have a report to post Scubaluuke

ScubaLuuke:
Yes I will be on the Ultimate Getaway from March 13-16th.

Not unless you are boarding and departing from it mid-trip. University of Alabama has it booked March 12 - 14 and Caloosa Dive Club has it booked March 15 - 18. I'll be on the March 15 - 18 trip. Ultimate Getaway schedule

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom