Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoot flies direct SIN-UPG M-W-Th, and Lion and Barik fly direct UPG-SOQ daily.
I think it requires separate tickets.
You can also fly through Manado from SIN; again, SCOOT (M--F-Sa) plus Lion.
Thanks, makes sense.

And an incredible airport as well including the attached Jewel. Going to venture out to see some of the sites while we overnight at Changi next year!

We did that last year. Stayed in the airport hotel and went into the city a couple times. Mix of train and uber. Great fun to walk around that city. Even hit the Teka food court - that was an experience in itself.

You can also fly through Manado from SIN; again, SCOOT (M--F-Sa) plus Lion.
SIN Manado is 4 times a week now MWFSa.
Good option for those like me who don't like the CGK-Sorong redeye flights, however the LionAir Manado-Sorong is in the morning hence that needs overnighting in MDC for a 7AM flight the day after (Novotel airport is fine).

My spouse and I just booked a Liveaboard in Raja Ampat for the end of 2025. Does anyone have experience getting there from the US? Specifically from the East coast? All I know is we need to ultimately get to Sorong to catch the boat.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Myanna
When I go to Indonesia I fly into Jakarta and stay at FM 7 hotel a couple nights before heading out to Sorong. I have always flown one of the Lion air group airlines and have always had trouble. I'm going to fly Garuda Indonesia next time in September. Most live a boards will require you be out of the water 24 hours before you fly at the end of the trip. You can also fly into Bali. I don't know of anyway you can book the flights all the way to Sorong in one booking. So if you fly on one of the Lion air groups airline keep checking the airlines website for changes in your flights. They will not e-mail you about any changes. Also pre pay for your luggage. You may get 20kg included and to get another 20kg will cost you over $110 each way. Is Raja Ampat worth it? YES. I just returned three weeks ago and have already booked another trip.

Back
Top Bottom