Drysuit advice for me - women's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisa_j:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm still on my search but will post back with my decisions and reasons once I hand my credit card over.

HBDiveGirl - Thanks for the excellent reply. Your pros and cons of your drysuit really helped me put my wants and needs into perspective, and you brought up points that I wouldn't think would be a big deal until I read your comments. Sounds like you lucked out on your first drysuit, glad you love it!
I lucked out in having excellent friends willing to coach me through the process, too!! I talked the ears off of my dry-diving buddies for the months leading up to my decision.

Ross-O said: "You won't regret it. It takes temperature out of the equation."

DivinMan (Terry) was instrumental in saying that the decision is all about HOW you dive. Match how you dive with the right suit, and you're golden.

There is no "one right suit" for everyone. If money were unlimited, I'd love a custom suit. But buying stock meant that I had money available to buy other essential gear.

Mo2vation popsicled me and then sprung Dry Gloves on me (Blue Gloves of Bliss, I call 'em), which changed my diving again. Dry Gloves Rule!!!

Tonight, I spent 90 minutes in 57 degree water, and I was comfortable enough to thoroughly enjoy the entire dive. Even boring deco time isn't so bad if you're comfortable.

It'll be fun hearing about your next suit once you start diving it, Lisa. Stay in touch!!

Claudette

Really Really love the evenness of the evaluation HBDIVEGIRL...You should write.. =D

I have been wet and dry for about 30 years now...tried them all and learned to compensate for the inadequacies and love the benefits of each suit.

In my DUI CF200 Signature and have mostly great things to say about it. This is my opinion about this one suit. The big question is...would you buy this suit again? My answer..yes.

Tell us what you get!

Best,

Dave

I have a Diving Concepts Neo-Z and really like it. It swims much better than my old Andy's tri-lam and it is bone dry. I will say that it is a little more work to get in and out of than a tri-lam and it's heavier when wet.

Jackie

Back
Top Bottom