Drysuit Boot & Fin Bare HD Tech trilam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NvScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello all... Well I finally decided I can't stand not diving all winter in the Tahoe area so I just took delivery of my new Bare drysuit. Problem is God has blessed me with feet that some people say are actually full time non-removable fins. I had to go with neoprene booties installed on the drysuit because the clod-hoppers don't fit in their integrated boots. I am on the high side of a size 14 shoe and with the temal socks, plus the neoprene bootie my best guess is that I am going to need at least a size 15 drysuit boot (hopefully no bigger) to get a comfortable fit. Pretty sure this is also going to result in a new fin purchase also. Bare does not make a drysuit boot larger than a 13 so I am seeking any information on larger sized drysuit boots / booties and fin combos that work for other who have jumbo feet like me.

Thanks in advance for any information.

SS

I know of people Using Converse or Chuck Taylor shoes and diving with them. Really you can dive with anything. I will say the Dive Specific boots are nice but really anything thats comfortable for you and has the room will work. There are other companies that make drysuit boot's not sure of Sizes though (Hollis) does. Enjoy the suit Have you seen there new suit they came out with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom