Drysuit but boots slighty too small need advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found an Oceanic Flex drysuit off the shelf at a local diveshop.The owner is asking $600 for the suit it is a trilam promotional suit and has a DUI exhaust valve. The glued in only boots are a bit small. They fit my feet snug with a pair of socks. These are not painfully tight but would like them bigger. I would like to wear thicker socks.

Before spending $100 to have the boots replaced, is there anyway I can stretch these boots slightly to allow a better fit. Will the boots stretch naturally?

The neck seal feels fine and the wrist seals actually dont squeeze my wrists at all and wonder if they will seal properly.

Thanks
Chris

OK - realistically, you're looking at $700, maybe $800 by the time you fix the boots and potentially the wrist seals.

If you're looking for a bargain entry level suit, I'd look elsewhere.

Actually I've seen a couple of those suits and they're entirely decent. If it fits you perfectly, I say get it since it's a nice suit at a decent price. If it doesn't, look elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom