Question Check before buying Seasking Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your shoulders are probably too narrow for a Quick Neck system. For example on this site they recommend for shoulder width above 43cm for Santi suits:

• Optional SiTech Quick Neck Ring (for suits with shoulder width above 43cm)

I would request the No Kevlar printing on the knee pads. Also, do you want the reflective tape? I opted out of that because every photo I saw the reflective tape ruined the photo. LOL
Ah, then it's definitely a no-go for me. Thank you for the info.

I'll skip the knee pads, but thanks for pointing out the reflective tape! I didn't even notice it was a default feature, lol. I'll definitely opt-out of that.

If you’re not set on a color combo yet, go to Seaskin’s Facebook page and scroll down to see some different looks.

The tip about wearing a balaclava during donning and then pulling it off to release the hair is genius! I will try to look around YouTube to find the video
That reel popped up on my feed again while I was wasting some time this afternoon during a useless conference call:

Ah, I totally forgot about Facebooks groups. Thank you for the additional advice! I'll definitely reach out there for further insights.

As for the interference with the knee pads and side pockets due to my height, that's something I hadn't considered. I'll definitely take a closer look at whether forgoing the knee pads will alleviate any crowding in that area. But, I love the fact that you adviced to reconsider the knee pads but not downsizing the side pockets, haha
Statement about no one complaining of having too much of pockets space is mine.
As for kevlar, unless you know you are going to do a lot of crawling, there is standard factory protection that comes with the suit on your lower legs. I don't know what material it is, but it's the same as shoulder, bum, and back protection. Should sufice.
For neck system, see if anyone near you have one and ask to try it. You don't need to actually don whole suit. Take notice of where your straps are positioned on your shoulders, put top of the suit on and check whether it would interfere. One thing a lot of people seem to forget, shoulder straps are not doing much once in the water, so there isn't a lot of pressure on neck ring.

I've heard that a lot of people love Rolocks, but I wasn't sure which cuff system I need to install them. Do I need to choose the SiTech Oval Cuff Rings option and buy the Rolocks system somewhere else?

I am glad to hear that smaller ppl are using the Quick Neck system well, since I really want the Quick Neck system as I want to fix the seal myself when it starts to leak.

QCS oval PU rings for Rolock.

If you’re not set on a color combo yet, go to Seaskin’s Facebook page and scroll down to see some different looks.
I hadn't considered checking out Seaskin's Facebook page since I was set on going all-black. But after seeing the other color options, especially the black with blue arms, I'm tempted to reconsider... Too many choices! 🤣

That reel popped up on my feed again while I was wasting some time this afternoon during a useless conference call:

Thank you! I was searching for it yesterday and couldn't find it. This gives me the courage to consider wearing a neoprene neck seal.

Statement about no one complaining of having too much of pockets space is mine.
As for kevlar, unless you know you are going to do a lot of crawling, there is standard factory protection that comes with the suit on your lower legs. I don't know what material it is, but it's the same as shoulder, bum, and back protection. Should sufice.
For neck system, see if anyone near you have one and ask to try it. You don't need to actually don whole suit. Take notice of where your straps are positioned on your shoulders, put top of the suit on and check whether it would interfere. One thing a lot of people seem to forget, shoulder straps are not doing much once in the water, so there isn't a lot of pressure on neck ring.

I remember reading that statement somewhere, and it really stuck with me too! It was surprisingly helpful when deciding on pocket size, haha. As you mentioned, I'll mainly be doing open water recreational diving, with only occasional cave-diving, so I decided to forgo any extra protection options.

Regarding the neck seal, I ended up asking about it in a women's scuba Facebook group, and it seems like almost everyone agreed that it can be very restrictive and painful. Looks like neoprene is the way to go for me!

QCS oval PU rings for Rolock.

Or just get Kubi. Both work great, no questions about what works with Kubi.

Thank you for the advice. Considering my hand size can just about fit into a 70mm ring (even if it's very tight), I believe opting for the Kubi 80mm would be a better choice, as it should be less bulky compared to the Rolock 90.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom