Drysuit divers - End of nightmare with catheter removal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not sure if this is the right forum for it, but I've found the solution for the above problem.

For anyone who has ever worn Rochester wide bands, you will understand what a nightmare the removal experience can be. It is very slow, painful and can take a long time. The glue just doesn't quit.

I've tried oiling the penis with a dab of baby oil prior to application to reduce the adhesive strength, applying a thin layer of talcum, tried using baby oil, alcohol wipes etc and I have to say that none has managed to remove the fear I feel on having to wear catheters for multiple day boat dives.

Well I think I have the answer. Its heat.

Just get into a shower with catheter still on, turn the water to as hot as you can bear, and spray the hot water on. Don't forget to spray the underside too. The heat softens the glue and makes it let go, and the catheter will pull right off.

Once its off, spray more hot water and using a nail scrape off whatever remnants of the glue that is left on the skin.

Try it and let me know how you like it!!

Have you tried adhesive remover? although, I guess its difficult to get it under the condom.
Good to know this, as I'm going to be experimenting with my new she-p soon.

Squat.

Tuck end of catheter under ball of foot.

Stand up quickly.

Job done.

Real men don't have to squat. Just lean forwards and the backwards.:D.

But I just use the shower method or here in Florida during the summer getting hot and sweaty humping tanks and scooters back to the truck after a dive seems to work pretty good for me.

I have to wear my mask for the squat method otherwise I could have my eye out with the recoil.

Some people swear by standing in the shower, crimping off the end of the catheter with your fingers and peeing. The pee balloon forces warm liquid between your skin and the catheter causing it to come off.

Of course peeing in the shower isn't for everyone.

Be very careful with adhesive remover on the skin -- it burns!

Squat.

Tuck end of catheter under ball of foot.

Stand up quickly.

Job done.

Do the neighbors ever complain about the ear piercing screams?

---------- Post added December 5th, 2013 at 02:57 AM ----------

Have you tried adhesive remover? although, I guess its difficult to get it under the condom.
Good to know this, as I'm going to be experimenting with my new she-p soon.

No I've not. They might help during the cleanup process but I don't think it'll be of much help for the removal process.

Well, the other night they came round at 4.00 am; banging on my door and shouting. I had to put my bagpipes down to go and see what they wanted.
well? What did they want?

Back
Top Bottom