Drysuit Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey:
Is it possible you were in the pool in a Dry suit with No Underwear? This would cause an unrealistic amount of Squeeze and is very uncomfortable. As has been said in this thread, Take a Course, be patient and practice and you will learn to really enjoy Dry diving.

Bill

wjsdive:
Hey:
Is it possible you were in the pool in a Dry suit with No Underwear? This would cause an unrealistic amount of Squeeze and is very uncomfortable.

Yup, so I should try putting the nice thick underwear on and that should help?

Yes it will help. You will also get warm quick so be prepared to get in the water right away. The underwear is an integral part of almost every Dry Suit and in additon to keeping you warm it will cushion the squeeze. You will be much more comfortable when you learn to control your buoyancy with your dry suit inflator and practice.
Bill

RSL:
Yup, so I should try putting the nice thick underwear on and that should help?

That's silly. I know if I got in the pool with my undergarment, I'd die (it's for diving in waters in the 30s and 40s). Do, however, put SOMETHING on! Light leggings and a light long sleeved shirt will likely help. Also, the pressure you feel on your legs as you walked into the pool will go away as soon as you put air into the suit. Get under the water, and inflate a bit once you've gone down. Also, "using the suit as your BC" isn't what was giving you trim problems. You just need to adjust your trim for the suit. Whether you use the DS or BC for buoyancy isn't going to determine if you're face down in the pool. It took me about three dives to get my first DS under control, and about 10 dives before I really felt comfortable. In time, you won't give it a second thought. Just dive more, and ask those around you who have already gone through the process for pointers.

Back
Top Bottom