Drysuit in Bahamas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butchbs1985

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going on a cruise and will be diving GrandBahama on Tuesday. I plan on taking my Whites Fusion and just wearing under armor since the water is reported to be about 75 degrees F. Anyone else dive dry in tropical waters? I'm from the Midwest US so it's only been quarries and lakes for me.

Am I gunna get made fun of???:dork2:

Thanks,

I was in the Keys a few years ago (February) and I used a drysuit, everybody else had 3 mm suits
except two other guys from Philly (7 mm) . We were the only warm and comfortable divers. I think the water temp was 72 w/ overcast sky.

Hmmm. Hoping I'll avoid all Hemroids:D

Most of the shops in the area are recommending a shorty or 3MM. The I will be diving with UNEXSO who said they rent 3mm to those who are participating in the dive. (Why NCL didn't include that in the excursion price escapes me though). I've been in Florida early spring and would have killed for a drysuit so I definately hear what argos59 is saying!

Last edited:
I dive dry any time the water is colder than body temperature...

Florida
Hawaii
Curacao
Bonaire
Cayman Islands
Red Sea
Truk Lagoon

RJP.jpg

Any advice on what to wear under it?

I dive dry any time the water is colder than body temperature...

Florida
Hawaii
Curacao
Bonaire
Cayman Islands
Red Sea
Truk Lagoon

RJP.jpg

I get cold easy, with that said;

In 70 degree water for a long dive week I typically wear sweat pants and a pull over light fleece top. Can dive all week long comfortable, on the boat I have to strip it off and enjoy the weather though.

My suit is a DUI 30/30 "Tropical" drysuit and I typically wear a light pair of Patagonia Capilene long johns.

+1 with a light pair of long johns. I used Fusion Sport skin with long johns in 80 degree of water temp and felt comfortable.

I dive a Fusion here in Hawaii and I typically use military-issue polypro's as my undergarment: fairly thin but still warm underwater (lately 76-79*F) while not being unbearable on the surface.

And you may not get made of fun, but you will get asked a lot of questions. And you may get made fun of, too.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom