Drysuit Repair Materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aqua seal blows, whatever you do dont buy aqua seal.

Why?

Sorry about not responding to your request. I have not been monitoring this site for awhile. The best way to get ahold of me is by email at dryguy@indydrysuitrepair.com or go to our website at www.indydrysuitrepair.com and call us with the numbers you find there. I sell all dry suit repair parts and have most in stock. I hope this helps.

Thank you
Dryguy

I buy all my seals, glue and other repair stuff from OS Systems. I always buy their heavy duty seals and the kit they sell works great. I had to buy a small roller but it was only about $5 from Home Depot.

Hi. thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up with the OS stuff, I ordered the PB 300 before I read the Dryguy post. (I'll use him in the future)
I used aqua seal for my P valve installation, is this going to cause me any trouble? My suit is 2mm crushed neoprene.
Can latex bottle neck wrist seals be streched? My hands are going numb before I'm in the water.
Thanks, Steve

You may want to check with the maker of the suit about the Aqua Seal. It can be a pain to remove in the future for some materials.

You can trim wrist seals. Just be careful not to take too much off and be sure not to leave any jagged edges. Make sure the cut is nice and clean. I'd take only about 1/8 inch each time.

Will trimming bottle neck type seals help? I have trimmed the cone shaped seals (like DUI), but I don't see how shortining the sealing area of the bottle neck would help.
I was wondering if sticking a can or something in the seal would streach it out, or destroy the seal.
BTW, nice PJ's
Steve

Whether it does any good or not, Andy's manual recommends putting your tank or a 2-Litre Coke bottle in the neck, and soup cans in the wrist seals overnight.

On a related note, I've just picked up an Andy's trilam suit very used. I want to glue a pocket to it, and I want to replace the boots. Am I going to get in over my head? Is it as easy as it looks - clean, glue, let dry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom