Drysuit sleeve repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I did my first dive of the season last weekend. Ended up with a really wet arm, I finally got around to doing a leak test and I've got a leak right at the sleeve where my dry glove system ends. Does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to approach this?

That discolored part of the sleeve is left over glue from the original wrist seals. I took those off and installed these rings. I actually wonder if when I was cleaning up the glue I got a little too close and this is finally where it went through.

Attachments

• PXL_20240414_185657694.jpg
    PXL_20240414_185657694.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 43
Dive Right In Scuba sells trilaminate patches with heat activated glue. There's also some trilaminate patch stuff on Amazon that is less expensive. I've never used either product. I'd probably patch the inside and put some aquaseal on the outside of the hole. However, I'm sure there is someone on SB with more experience at this.

Did you install the sitech PU-ring? If so, can you check to make sure it isn’t cracked

Dive Right In Scuba sells trilaminate patches with heat activated glue. There's also some trilaminate patch stuff on Amazon that is less expensive. I've never used either product. I'd probably patch the inside and put some aquaseal on the outside of the hole. However, I'm sure there is someone on SB with more experience at this.
Thanks. I'll just those out!

Did you install the sitech PU-ring? If so, can you check to make sure it isn’t cracked
I did install them. After further inspection it looks like there is a thin spot with a small cut in it. I'm sure some aquaseal and maybe a patch will take care of it. Thanks!

If the PU ring is cracked or has a slit - aqua seal won’t work. The glove construction won’t fit perfectly. I had a separate thread on that specifically (below). Do you have a picture of the slit?

Back
Top Bottom