Drysuit Squeeze questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ain't no such thing as a dry drysuit. Dive it in 100 degree heat and it's like a Sauna.

For what it's worth, in answer to GeeGee. No, don't go lighter with the undergarment. In fact you might want heavier if you're getting cold.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't have a lot of dives yet in a drysuit. When you get enough of them in (and there's no number IMO) you'll find that you can in fact dive with more air in the suit without problems.

In response to others, my Viking Sport manual suggests using the drysuit as a BC and the Viking Extreme if I recall doesn't even mention that fact.

For what it's worth, in my Viking drysuits if I use them as a BC I do not like it one bit, not one little bit. Here's why, the feet. They get floppy on me, feels like the fin is going to fall off and I can't feel the fin on my foot. I hate it. I don't have issues with feet getting floaty, I can deal with that. I just hate the loose foot pocket feeling. There is no "right" way to do it, both are fine if you can deal with it. In fact I think knowing how to do both is prudent. Suppose you really did have to use the drysuit as your alternate BCD, never having had that much air in your suit might tend to get you into trouble, i.e. uncontrolled ascents feet first. So I think being able to do it both ways is good.

So, I dive shrink wrapped more than the other way unless as I said before I get chilled for some reason, which doesn't happen often.

Back
Top Bottom