Drysuit Underwear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean:
Nothing was wrong with the valve, and the valve still works, with the new understuit....
Sorry, just can't imagine how that could be blamed on the underwear. Care to explain?

I have Weezle Extreme and DUI. Weezle is VERY warm, easily washable (unlike DUI), and keeps you warm even when wet. I had a very leaky dive - ended up with about a quart of water in each foot at end of dive - and never felt cold or wet in the Weezle (water T in upper 30's).
Weezle definitely makes it harder to vent (DUI TLS350, upper arm). The outer Weezle material is windproof and is very thin. It seems to suck up to the valve and prevent venting.
Uncle Pug's solution works - burn holes in the outer shell beneath the valve location. Another option mentioned - glue/sew stiffer material to the arm surface below valve to prevent the sealing.
My vote - after fixing the venting problem - is Weezle.

Piston:
I use the Andy's ST1000, and its very comfortable. Most of my dives are in the 40's and I stay nice warm and dry. A lot of my friends use the DUI Thinsulate 400 and they love it.

I couldn't agree more! The Andy's ST1000 is crazy comfortable and very warm for such a light and stretchy suit. Great undersuit!

In regards to the weezle choking the vent. Installing a few hollow rivets where the valve is located should fix that easily. That is what the bare suits use I believe.

To curb an out of control ascent quickly, stick a finger in your neck or wrist seal and pull it open. You will get wet, but it will stop the problem fast (hopefully your BCD isn't the problem).

Rimp:
In regards to the weezle choking the vent. Installing a few hollow rivets where the valve is located should fix that easily. That is what the bare suits use I believe.

That might work, indeed...

I'd prefer a drysuit undersuit work without modification...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom