Drysuit with no LP nozzle or exhaust valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lordrath1069

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was given a never used Whites drysuit, it was acquired through a police dept using a homeland security grant. From what I can tell, it appears to be a White's Kodiak Classis.

However, there are absolutely no ports or nozzles anywhere on the suit. I initially thought it may have been like one I owned before as a rescue swimmer that was meant for snorkeling, but inside the tag it mentions how diving with a drysuit requires special training and seems to be geared specifically towards diving.

Any idea what is going on? Thanks for your help!

Surface drysuit with the universal warning installed in all there drysuits. Just in case someone (like you) tries to go diving with it.
Damn, I was afraid of that. Looks like I'll have to buy one. Thank you for the response!

Install the valves.
Ooooh, good suggestion. I will take it to my local dive shop and have them take a look at it and see what it will cost to install them! I am sure that would be much cheaper than buying a new suit, and I would like to do my drysuit training in the suit I will be using if possible. Thank you for the idea!

Ooooh, good suggestion. I will take it to my local dive shop and have them take a look at it and see what it will cost to install them! I am sure that would be much cheaper than buying a new suit, and I would like to do my drysuit training in the suit I will be using if possible. Thank you for the idea!
90% chance they send it to superior drysuits for a quote or tell you no outright. I would bet its somewhere around $5-600 all in

Learn to work on it yourself or buy proper gear in the first place.

90% chance they send it to superior drysuits for a quote or tell you no outright. I would bet its somewhere around $5-600 all in

Learn to work on it yourself or buy proper gear in the first place.
I do a lot of research and check with dive friends before I buy gear, this was given to me by a friend who was trying to help me save money and I was curious why it didn't have everything I thought it should, and if there was a way to safely make it work. I didn't buy random gear and hope for the best. I appreciate the first part of your suggestion though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom