Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, I know, I just posted, but I've got some new and different thoughts.

Here's the short version of my needs (read my other thread for the whole thing): I need a warm suit to dive in the local lakes with, coldest would be around 40 degrees.

After reading about peoples thoughts about semi-dry wetsuits, and looking at prices and sizes, I'm thinking a cheap(er) drysuit would be the way to go. I'm 6'2, with a 34" waist. Yep, I'm a skinny dude. Because of my dimensions, it looks like I'll need a completely custom drysuit.

I love the idea of a shell suit, but I would be willing to go with 2-4mm crushed neoprene.

Who makes cheap(er), good quality drysuits that can be customized? I would like one with an option for dry gloves, since I have 'tendony' wrists, that is, wrists that would be extremely hard to seal on.

Of course, if someone has some wisdom in this regard, that would be appreciated too.

Thought about posting something to your other thread, but since you asked about semi-dry suits which I don't like at all, I chose not to.

Now, as to the dry suit thing. I purchased mine used from someone on TheDecoStop. Got a great deal. Something to consider.

teknitroxdiver:
Yes, I know, I just posted, but I've got some new and different thoughts.

Here's the short version of my needs (read my other thread for the whole thing): I need a warm suit to dive in the local lakes with, coldest would be around 40 degrees.

After reading about peoples thoughts about semi-dry wetsuits, and looking at prices and sizes, I'm thinking a cheap(er) drysuit would be the way to go. I'm 6'2, with a 34" waist. Yep, I'm a skinny dude. Because of my dimensions, it looks like I'll need a completely custom drysuit.

I love the idea of a shell suit, but I would be willing to go with 2-4mm crushed neoprene.

Who makes cheap(er), good quality drysuits that can be customized? I would like one with an option for dry gloves, since I have 'tendony' wrists, that is, wrists that would be extremely hard to seal on.

Of course, if someone has some wisdom in this regard, that would be appreciated too.

I would love to buy it new, but I don't think I would be able to get one that would fit me used.

teknitroxdiver:
I would love to buy it new, but I don't think I would be able to get one that would fit me used.
That's what I said. I sent my measurements to drysuitrepair.com and Mark gave me advice. He can alter it to fit if you come close.

Oh, I gotcha. I found 5th D's Diving Concepts 5thD-1000 drysuit, you can get it completely custom, including dry gloves and pockets and such. Anyone know what the prices are on those? I didn't find any on the website.....

thanks again

teknitroxdiver:
Oh, I gotcha. I found 5th D's Diving Concepts 5thD-1000 drysuit, you can get it completely custom, including dry gloves and pockets and such. Anyone know what the prices are on those? I didn't find any on the website.....

thanks again

Custom is right at 2g without undergarments or dry gloves. Off the rack is something like 1600 or 1700 while the extreme stretch undergarment is right at 500.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom