Drysuite;where do you pee??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humdiver

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but here goes. So if I get drysuit certified and go diving with all that cozy undergarments where do I go pee when I hit depth. Are we talking diapers here or does the suit take the pressure off enough to not need to urinate?? I know it sounds silly but I ve been on dives in Cozumel where I was so cold I couldnt pee and thought my bladder would blow. I would not be able to fight off urinating every dive. I dont drink coffee or teas before diving but I still need to urinate on allmost everydive I understand the physics of it and peeing in a wet suite doesent bother me but I think diving in a diaper would!! Thanks for all input!! :06:

Sadly for women, there are really two options, hold it or use something like depends. For men, they make a pee valve. Not the most comfortable thing the world, but it does work.

Q is correct. But there is good news as well: You won't feel the urge to pee nearly as much or as often.

1. Cold water flooding the wetsuit makes you want to pee--not an issue.
2. Pressure on the kidneys as the wetsuit compresses makes you want to pee--not an issue.
3. BEING cold makes you want to pee--not an issue.

Happy dry diving,
theskull

humdiver:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but here goes. So if I get drysuit certified and go diving with all that cozy undergarments where do I go pee when I hit depth. Are we talking diapers here or does the suit take the pressure off enough to not need to urinate?? I know it sounds silly but I ve been on dives in Cozumel where I was so cold I couldnt pee and thought my bladder would blow. I would not be able to fight off urinating every dive. I dont drink coffee or teas before diving but I still need to urinate on allmost everydive I understand the physics of it and peeing in a wet suite doesent bother me but I think diving in a diaper would!! Thanks for all input!! :06:

http://www.stadiumpal.com/what.htm check this site out and also this site http://www.omsdive.com/dryacces.html add the two pro ducts together and you have a way to pee, underwater.

Hi Humdiver, I dive dry here in alaska. I hydrate well the day before, and make sure I don't drink water right before I get in. Usually I am good for two dives and the other ladies that I dive with don't seem to have a problem. We do quite a bit of diving from the shore and on occasion have to make the bathroom run during our surface interval.

Back
Top Bottom