Drysuits for the big and tall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same question, 6'4" and 180lbs, 34" waist, if it's long enough, it tends to be a balloon.

Oh yea, don't forget the small ankles and size 15 feet

Let me know what you find. I tried on a XXXL Henderson hyperstretch today (wetsuit) and it fit great. I have a 44" waist.

Us tall guys should keep in contact, if we find something in our sizes. I'm sure we all have the same problems...

PolsVoice:
I've done a thread search for drysuits and tall people and have found a lot of useful information. However, all the tall drysuit threads seem to cover people from 6'-6'4". I'm 6'6" and float between 255-265lbs, have a 50" chest, and a 40" waist. I'm also fairly long in the torso. Bare, DUI, Andy's, Oceaner, Harvey's and Whites only accomodate to 6'4" (6'5" in the case of Whites and Harvey's XXXL). The only company that has a drysuit for 6'6"+, is Barefoot International, however they look like their suits are more designed for surface watersports.

Are there any companies that have stock sizing for the big and tall? Or do I fall into the more expensive custom suit category (can't afford that).

TIA for any suggestions,

-Pols.

Unfortunately I don't believe there are any companies that have stock tall suits. If I was you I would try Harvey's suits, they have larger sizes. I have a DUI CLX450 signature series and it cost big bucks. If you dive a lot it is worth the expense. Good luck...

PolsVoice:
I've done a thread search for drysuits and tall people and have found a lot of useful information. However, all the tall drysuit threads seem to cover people from 6'-6'4". I'm 6'6" and float between 255-265lbs, have a 50" chest, and a 40" waist. I'm also fairly long in the torso. Bare, DUI, Andy's, Oceaner, Harvey's and Whites only accomodate to 6'4" (6'5" in the case of Whites and Harvey's XXXL). The only company that has a drysuit for 6'6"+, is Barefoot International, however they look like their suits are more designed for surface watersports.

Are there any companies that have stock sizing for the big and tall? Or do I fall into the more expensive custom suit category (can't afford that).

TIA for any suggestions,

-Pols.

I'm 6'6", 285 lbs, size 13 shoe, 52" chest, 42" waist. Got me a Mobby's Armor Shell Dry suit in the XXL size and it fits absolutely wonderful. I put a Thinsulate jacket on underneath it and Thinsulate pants on as well. The Armor Shell Dry is a self donning with the zipper that comes across the torso. It is very easy to get in and out of. With the zipper situated the way it is, the torso has a lot of vertical flex in it. That is very nice for us tall people.

This suit has been inside of wrecks, caverns, and just plain winter diving. It is very durable even if the shell is only a 420 denier nylon.

Here's a URL on it:

http://www.mobbys.com/prodaormorshell.html

Hope this helps you out...

Randy Cain

large_diver:
Dude, I think "triple the price" is a slight exaggeration.....

If you shop around, you can find a new customized DUI for a lot less than you think.

Of course, DUI's don't have those cool bears on the suit......Grrrrrrr.....;-)

Be aware!!! I've learned from my own bad experience....DUI does not offer a true custom drysuit! They simply mix and match upper and lower body stock patterns.

BARE, WHITES and DC due a true custom process using a Computerizied software program that builds a custom pattern.
Much better value and quality for ones money in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom