First Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol.. idc. My PP valve is superior to yours in every way and deep down you KNOW IT!!!!!

Now get off my lawnđŸ˜˜đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
I not sure why I tried to explain anything to you idiots. Should have been clear to me 2 posts in that's it's pointless. Which I guess makes me an idiot too.

It's seem like other than Aleksoelsen some of you really are too dumb to understand this... or trolling.

Which I guess makes me an idiot too.
No Sir, I just think you're being overly opinionated about something that's benign in the grand scheme of things. That's misinformation, at the very least strongly biased information.

Even if you are right about unbalanced being better then balanced it's irrelevant. They both work. So what if I can only get 300 dives on a balanced p valve before parts need to be replaced? At that point it owes me nothing.

Should I argue that one day my drysuit will leak so I shouldn't buy one? What kind of argument is that?

Even if the balanced valve doesn’t solve a problem, the trigon with it mushroom valves doesn’t cause any either, kinked hoses, ungrippy catheters are usually the source of leaks, common across whatever type of valve you use.

the urine evacuation system of a human is not a high pressure system especially after we age, want to test it, hook up a cath and attach a 3 foot (1 meter for those who think nonUS) and test it pointing up, the weight of 3’ of pee in a 1/4” tube is not great but you can feel it and it’s a lot less than 3 atmospheres of pressure which you could be up against with a closed unbalanced system.

but ultimately there are systems of different types available and we can all make our wee choices as we see fit.

No Sir, I just think you're being overly opinionated about something that's benign in the grand scheme of things. That's misinformation, at the very least strongly biased information.
Having to prime and 'backpressure' is not an opinion. It's physics a 3rd grader can understand.

... and it’s a lot less than 3 atmospheres of pressure which you could be up against with a closed unbalanced system.
Yes, 3 bar pressure in an closed unbalanced system or 300 bar in my opinion... sure. And than 'weight' from pee. Either issue must be related to that 'backpressure' issue.

Having to prime and 'backpressure' is not an opinion. It's physics a 3rd grader can understand.

Yes, 3 bar pressure in an closed unbalanced system or 300 bar in my opinion... sure. And than 'weight' from pee. Either issue must be related to that 'backpressure' issue.
I don't give rats ass about your prime / don't prime conundrum. It is a moot point. I don't do it, I don't need to do it. I've never done it, I have no experience in it.

It's 2023, my p valve works all the time weather I opened it or closed it or left it disconnected and open... it doesn't matter.

Lol.. I do not want to wait to pee.. I just go, no need to do whatever it is that you're talking aboutđŸ€Ł

Great talk team. Next question.

Kubi vs. oval cuffs. I was thinking oval cuffs, but I have very small hands, I wear size 6 latex gloves and a thin wrist. I've read that the kubi cuffs are nice for people with small hands because you end up with a significantly smaller ring than on the one size fits all styles. Thoughts?

You tell me, why did you buy it? What problem does it solve?
It was already installed in the drysuit when I bought it. I did not seek out a balanced p-valve. Nevertheless, I was under the impression that if the balancing feature bothered me, I could remove the duckbill and plug the orifice. You have explained that I also needed to remove the check-valve. Okay.
It seems that you don't understand how unbalanced valves works. I seems like you blocked the duckbill and left the check valve in for some reason. I've asked you this before. Why?
My understanding of an unbalanced valve is that the air in the tube will be compressed by the ambient water pressure and therefore become equal to the ambient water pressure, just as the air in a diving bell is compressed to the same pressure as the ambient water pressure. Correct?

Kubi vs. oval cuffs. I was thinking oval cuffs, but I have very small hands, I wear size 6 latex gloves and a thin wrist. I've read that the kubi cuffs are nice for people with small hands because you end up with a significantly smaller ring than on the one size fits all styles. Thoughts?
KUBI is a good system, oval gives you many options, I really like the RoLock system, very easy to use plus I can put the gloves on the suit while suiting up in sand and the sealing surface stays protected, I remove the gloves just before putting my arms in. Many very good dry gloves systems can’t do that as easily since the gloves are really hard to remove unless your have is inside.

Kubi, hands down. You can pick pretty much whatever glove you want to use and it will work. The wrist seals can be changed or removed in under 2 minutes with no tools. They glove side can be put on/off with no help and without having to break any other seals so get air in the suit. Gloves can be changed in under 2 minutes with no tools. They're made of aluminum so highly unlikely to be damaged and leak. No cracked plastic to leak. They're "bulky", but move freely about your wrist for grabbing whatever piece of gear you may need. Total system cost (glove and suit side) is under $250 from Seaskin.
20230311_141544.jpg
20230311_143244.jpg
IMG_4538..jpg

Kubi - nice, somewhat expensive. Good following. I have never used them but I defer to @Boarderguy and his experience.

Rolock 90 - pretty inexpensive, great system, easy to load. To me they had a little bit of a break in period but now they're great.

Waterproof - somewhere in the middle expense wise (last time I checked). Very hard to load but pretty flawless once on. Can use a different size o ring to make them worlds easier to load.

To me they've all got little nuances. I was in the water at depth when a buddies Kubi popped off.. no idea why, maybe user error? I've never had either the Rolock or WP pop off. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 imo. The Rolock is probably the most secure because it twists on, but reality is they all work great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom