Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixter

Registered
Reaction score
There are a ton of threads out there that are the this suit vs that suit.

With so many types of drysuits available. Neoprene vs tri-laminate, I know what the differences between them are...on paper.

But, what are most people actually diving right now?

Stretchy tri-laminate with a neoprene neck seal and latex wrist seals. The slightly stretchy part is great - gives me much more flexibility than my older tri-lam dry suit. Kinda reminds me of diving wet. The neoprene neck seal helps with warmth. & the latex wrist seals are a great seal.

I like tri-lam over neoprene 'cause it drys much faster and isn't as heavy. & as for wearing out - just make sure your suit has good knee pads.

Paula

With neoprene neck & wrist seals. Kevlar knee pads. Rockboots.

~SubMariner~

I love my Mobby's Twin Shell Abyss. I am a big guy and this system gives me a lot of freedom of movement. I also like being able to add or remove layers of thermal protection to suit environment and I like to dive year around. I did add a pair of wrist rings so my hands stay dry too.

http://www.mobbys.com/cap.htm

Diving a custom Andy's trilaminate w/ user replacable neck seal, latex wrist seals, and the dry glove docking system (don't get it if you're a big guy - the rings you gotta get your hand through are mighty tight. I damn near dislocated my thumb the last time I used them).

~W

Back
Top Bottom