Dual Bladder Rigging Questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoyoguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I get there is a heated debate between using dual bladder wing and not...etc. I don't want this to turn into an argument so please refrain from discussing that aspect. What I would like to know is rigging it with a set of doubles. I get the right valve (when wearing your doubles) is considered primary so that is the post where your primary reg and wing are connected and the left post is where you secondary reg, HP gauge and drysuit go. From what I read...your secondary wing bladder is left unhooked? If that is the case where do you store the power inflator hose during the dive? If your wing bladder does fail...do you switch your drysuit hose to your secondary wing bladder? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks!

Backup inflator is secured within reach and if primary fails just orally inflate the backup wing.

Backup inflator is secured within reach and if primary fails just orally inflate the backup wing.
That makes sense. Can you give me an example of where the back inflator might be secured? Do you use something like bungee cord to secure it?

depends on which wing you have and whether the inflator comes from the top or the bottom. If it comes from the top, it gets placed in the same style bungee loop as the primary, just on the right D-ring instead of the left. Oral inflate only imho due to the propensity for power inflators to be sneaky about auto-inflating....

Proper placement is critical. Here's where to put everything:
latest

Proper placement is critical. Here's where to put everything:
latest
I'm a little confused...are you saying to forget proper placement?

he's saying that dual bladder wings are an equipment solution to a skills problem and are not necessary
Gotcha...thought I had stated I didn't want to argue back and forth which type wing is better. Just looking for some clarification on proper setup when using one is all.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom