Duamaguete - Dauin in December/January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I am planning for next diving trip in the end of December to mid January. Does anyone know how is the weather and sea condition in Duamaguete - Duin during these period?

Thank you!

Hi Indiedive!

Dec-Jan is Northeast monsoon season here in Dumaguete/Dauin. It's generally dry unless there's a typhoon around. If you're into muck diving and critter hunting the Dauin divesites are great for those kinds of diving. Apo Island is all reef. Dec-Jan would be a good time to dive Apo because the reefs in the West side are sheltered from the NE monsoon winds. Water temp during that period will be in the 26-27 degree Celsius range.

Your fellow Oranje, Goos van der Heide, went diving with us earlier this year. Maybe you can get in touch with him to get his impressions and feedback of the place. Here's his website/contact info: Lights in Blue Underwater photography by Goos van der Heide

There actually are some diveshops who will only do two dives when they go to Apo to accomodate guests who have time or financial limitations, so Bulleurfou isn't totally wrong. No need to be nasty to him, he's just trying to sell Thallata, which is NOT in Dauin.

-marku

There actually are some diveshops who will only do two dives when they go to Apo to accomodate guests who have time or financial limitations, so Bulleurfou isn't totally wrong. No need to be nasty to him, he's just trying to sell Thallata, which is NOT in Dauin.
-marku

And what are you trying to sell?

Mike's dive is also providing 3 dives per day on Apo.
So let's summarize we have Atlantis, Atmosphere, Mike's dive, Liquid, Pura Vida, all on 3 dives in Apo.. is there any shop missing?

Which are then those centres limited to 2 dives only?

I'm planning to go to Dumaguete/Dauin in April/May next year so all of this is of great interest. Would like to go on day trips to Apo and oslob as well .

Luko, I really like your photos but unfortunately the Vanuatu gallery is not accessible. Been a few years since I dived on the President Coolidge.

Luko, I really like your photos but unfortunately the Vanuatu gallery is not accessible. Been a few years since I dived on the President Coolidge.
Thanks for your interest, the Vanuatu pics are not new (2009) and unfortunately my strobe connexions went AWOL right after Moso, hence I had to deal with avaible light on the Coolidge (?!) ...ahumm, probably why I don't show them off so easily. Anyway I've opened the gallery now.

Mike's dive is also providing 3 dives per day on Apo.
So let's summarize we have Atlantis, Atmosphere, Mike's dive, Liquid, Pura Vida, all on 3 dives in Apo.. is there any shop missing?

Which are then those centres limited to 2 dives only?

Dive Society (El Dorado resort) will sometimes do 2 dives only, but like I said earlier, that's because the guests they're taking over choose to do so. They can do 3 dives in Apo if that's what the guests want. If you want to dive Apo as much as possible and don't want to pay an extra fee for the trip, you can always stay on Apo. Liberty and Mario Pascobello both have their respective dive operations on the island.

-marku

I was there jan 1st -10th last year. I did both Atlantis and El Dorado. Diving was good, almost as good as Lembeh, the resort at atlantis was a lot nicer. In the end I wish I stayed at Atlantis than move to El Dorado (really only saved $30-50 night).

Here are my pics from the trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom