DUI CF200X question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alwaingold,

Thank you for feedback on the TLS and CF200. Just speaking to other divers they are quick to promote the TLS as suit of choice for DIR, what ever that means. I understand the gear configuration as DIR, but fail to see any diver making the TLS350 the suit of choice, maybe it's just me.

My CLX450 started to leak in one of the neoprene socks, and when DUI phoned me, they let me know that my stock medium suit had large socks. DUI feels that because the sock was the wrong size, the material bunching up at the heal caused premature wear.

Since then, they placed the correct size socks, ML and the suit is in awesome condition. No more leaks for this suit.

I'm not sure what a DIR drysuit is. <snip>

Well, according to the slide (copyright 2007) in the Fundy Student guide that I just got, it has:

• Tri-Laminate Construction
  • Telescoping, Self-donning design (no shoulder zippers)
  • Pockets on each leg (side of leg); loop in pocket for accessories
  • Turbo soles
  • Shoulder dump
  • P-valve
  • Good flexibility and range of motion
Gasp! Lamont (the DIR moderator) and I are diving in non-compliant drysuits! :homealone:

Oh, the horror! :D

Seriously, while I've got turbo soles on mine and they're relatively easy to get into/out of and impossible to leave behind, they also provide virtually no arch and ankle support or foot protection, and they also make it hard to turn the suit fully inside out to dry it. Since any water, whether from leaks or sweat, invariably collects in the feet, this is a pain. And a twisted or broken ankle due to lack of support while wearing doubles would be even more of one. I'm very ambivalent about them.

Guy

Last edited:
Like most slides, I think you will find that it makes more sense with the commentary that goes along with it. These are things you should consider when getting a drysuit. I don't think Mike's choice of suit will make him more or less DIR. He seems to know the tradeoffs involved at this point.

If you are looking for a DIR stamp of approval for your drysuit, I think you are missing the point of what it is to be DIR. I would not choose a CF200, for the reasons I mentioned. But I would never think to tell someone that their CF200 was "not DIR". You may find a lot of DIR divers promoting the TLS, because that's what they like. But I doubt they are promoting it as being more DIR.

I have rockboots on one of my suits and no P-valve on the other, and I don't feel any less DIR when diving them :)

Allison

Like most slides, I think you will find that it makes more sense with the commentary that goes along with it. <snip>

Allison[/QUOTE]

What?! Next you'll be telling me that slogans on bumper stickers often vastly oversimplify complex issues! Say it ain't so!:wink:

What she said, Mike.

Guy

Well, according to the slide (copyright 2007) in the Fundy Student guide that I just got, it has:

• Tri-Laminate Construction
  • Telescoping, Self-donning design (no shoulder zippers)
  • Pockets on each leg (side of leg); loop in pocket for accessories
  • Turbo soles
  • Shoulder dump
  • P-valve
  • Good flexibility and range of motion
Gasp! Lamont (the DIR moderator) and I are diving in non-compliant drysuits! :homealone:

Oh, the horror! :D

Seriously, while I've got turbo soles on mine and they're relatively easy to get into/out of and impossible to leave behind, they also provide virtually no arch and ankle support or foot protection, and they also make it hard to turn the suit fully inside out to dry it. Since any water, whether from leaks or sweat, invariably collects in the feet, this is a pain. And a twisted or broken ankle due to lack of support while wearing doubles would be even more of one. I'm very ambivalent about them.

Guy

Soon I'll have to replace the turbos on my CF200 and I'll replace them with socks so I can use rock boots. I broke my ankle wearing the CF200 making entry across rocks. Now I like the idea of having more foot/ankle support using rock boots.

The CF200 is a rock solid suit, but as mentioned it's a bitch when it doesn't fit well. I'll second the heaviness of the damn thing when wet. But overall I like it. It's durable and easy to repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom