DUI ZipSeals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Boog said, YMMV.

Have zips on my wrists and neck. Had them since right after DEMA 2003. I have hundreds of dives on them, never leaked a drop. Dozens of dives on the Zip Gloves, never an issue. I'd dive the gloves everyday, if I could. Its just too warm out in SoCal most of the time to need them.

As a guy that's ripped a neck on day 1.5 of a 3 day boat trip, I truly love having the peace of mind that I'm never stuck.

When I lost a lot of weight, and was getting trickles thru my wrists and back of my neck, I swapped them out and re-cut my spares. Now my spares are a little big, but they'll do in a pinch.

Two very enthusiastic, very dry, very blue thumbs-up from me. Love 'em.

---
Ken

BigTuna:
Talc is the standard recommendation (not the scented, chemicalized baby talc), and I'm going to try it some more, despite the white dust everywhere on my suit. It's also been suggested that a thorough dusting of both sides of the seals with talc extends their life in storage. I'll try that this winter.

Hope this is useful.

Safe diving!

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for unscented talc. I was looking forward to popping the zip seals off my suit and storing them in an airtight bag with talc after cleaning my suit, but those plans just didn't work out.

Instead, once my suit has dried, I give all three seals a final treatment of talc, fold the suit into the DUI bag, then seal the entire suit into a garbage bag between dives. Ozone exposure = bad.

I also really appreciate the arguments about the ease of mind when it comes to having zip seals on multi-day live aboard trips – and I’ve known more then a few divers who have benefited from zip seals when they’ve had failures. Hopefully, the next generation of zip seals will address those of us who haven’t had the best luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom