DUI's New Zip Seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Signature Series CF200X and it does not come in pieces as you say

It's literally in pieces when you order a signature series or special production. Those suits are custom fitted to your measurements, so they actually cut pieces according to that size and then put them together. I didn't mean that you get your suit in pieces.

Special Production: Custom fit/sizing, no additional pockets/features/addons included (I think)

Signature Series: Custom fit/sizing, 2 additional pockets, kevlar or CF200 kneepads, and included hood

Ordered FLX50/50 signature suit about six weeks ago, spokewith DUI on phone about pockets ect, nothing was mentionedabout any kind of zip seal

The new system isn't really geared towards the rental community, just so happends it meets that particular need. The wear and tear on rental suits is VERY high, so this is a much easier way to fix the problem, rather than decomission the suit for a few weeks while it is sent to a scuba repair facility or DUI for repairs. They were in testing/prototype with the seals until DEMA, which they had officially released it as one of their products, thats probably why they did not mention anything about it.

It's overall, more of a convenience for any party that uses it. Serious tech divers used to have to carry seal kits, if not an extra drysuit with them just incase a seal busts. Now this is uneeded as long as you carry extra seals around with you, just a simple pleteing of the teeth and you're good as new.

this is a much easier way to fix the problem, rather than decomission the suit for a few weeks while it is sent to a scuba repair facility or DUI for repairs.

I would hate to see the facility that has to send a suit in to DUI just to replace a latex seal! :wacko:

this seal design was been around for almost a year now a person i dive with was talking to him about new items for suit at a demo last year and told him to hold off for about 6 months till the new seals came out, for which he passed the info on to me, which i why im waiting right now. this was last november, and i got to see the new seal system around july of this year when the DUI rep came into town with a sample.

im still goingto get a suit in the spring and this new seal system will probably be added to it, i just need to see it first. i just hope the price of the seals isnt hight then having to send it in.

FWIW

They are a very nice feature, I hope they proved themselves to be worthy of it, durability and safety is what I want to hear about in the future about these.

I just got off the phone with DUI, I was not happy to hear that the new zip seals cost just as much if not slightly more, depending on where you have your repairs done, for actually replacing the seals. $118 for a pair of zip latex wrist seals, and $128 for the zip neck latex seal.

What a rip! The word is that these were produced for convenience more than anything else. Sounds like someone's gettin' a little too tight and trying to make more bang for the buck or should I say "boom for the bank".

Geez what a way to go.

sounds like monetary savings is not the benefit here. sounds like not having to decommission your suit while it's being worked on and being able to replace a ripped neck/wrist seal onsite and avoiding aborting a dive is the benefit here. Diving in the Pacific Northwest where we dive drysuits year-round and where I have to drive a minimum of 2.5 hours just to reach water, well it sounds worth it to me.

They are being added to my TLS 350 - SP. I'll sound off if it turns out I dislike them....hope not!

Dive_Girl PNW once bubbled...
sounds like monetary savings is not the benefit here. sounds like not having to decommission your suit while it's being worked on and being able to replace a ripped neck/wrist seal onsite and avoiding aborting a dive is the benefit here. Diving in the Pacific Northwest where we dive drysuits year-round and where I have to drive a minimum of 2.5 hours just to reach water, well it sounds worth it to me.

They are being added to my TLS 350 - SP. I'll sound off if it turns out I dislike them....hope not!

In your case you are definitely right, Latex seals are dirt cheap and to have to pay a 3000% mark-up more than regular price erks me, zip seal or not. I'm hoping the price goes down on these.

At first I thought these weren't such a neat idea, but then I saw what it looked like with the drygloves attached.
My biggest peeve with my drygloves is the stupid rings/cuffs. They are really uncomfortable, and they get in the way when you are trying to put your gear on. It looks like the zip seals don't stick out and are not rigid like the rings.

I wonder if the cost is less if you are just getting the wrist seals...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom