Dumaguete vs Malapascua vs Mindanao...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, I'm now thinking of heading south in late Aug/ early Sept. I'm gonna have roughly 12 days left after the workshop. The options: Bohol, Malapascua, Dumaguete, and General Santos. I'm thinking definitely Alona (Bohol) for 4-5 days. I'd love to go to Malapascua but I'm wondering if its better saved for Dec. before the Southern Leyte trip (maybe better conditions then?). So what to do with the rest of the time? Is Dumaguete worth it? I think I recall Dennis saying he wasn't overly impressed with the diving there. Do I skip it and check out the Mindanao sites? aaaah decisions, decisions...:confused:

i was quite happy with my 2 apo island dives (dumaguete)... but they were dives 10 and 11 respectively so i wouldn't know much (although they still rank pretty high up)

if you've got days to spare i'd really recommend mindanao... that's what i'd do... not everyday someone says "i'll go to mindanao" and the time you've got will definitely allow you to take in a lot of the local culture

Jag

when I get back next year, Gen San is definitely on my list of places to go. I'm saving up already for the ultimate diving backpack adventure. :) Been to Duma, it's very nice for the fish schools.

After your S. Leyte Trip, Bohol or Malapascua will be fairly easier to access (ferry from Ormoc -> Cebu City, Bus/Jeep to Malapascua or ferry to Bohol). How many days do you have after S. Leyte?

chip104:
After your S. Leyte Trip, Bohol or Malapascua will be fairly easier to access (ferry from Ormoc -> Cebu City, Bus/Jeep to Malapascua or ferry to Bohol). How many days do you have after S. Leyte?

That's what I am thinking but I would just limit it to a few days in Malapascua

We will be in Bohol from September 6th to the 15th Mike. Alona Palm Beach.

I'll be wrapping up my travels Sept 9-10. I'll see if I can end my trip with Bohol but I'm leaning twds Manila->Anilao/PG ->Cebu/ Bohol->General Santos->Manila

clgsamson:
you doing some intellligence work? when is the invasion?:)

Diver Dennis:
Make sure you bring your female body guards...

need to kidnap some sexy FHM girls and train them to be female assassins/ personal body guards...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom