Dunderburg Wreck, Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepScuba

Reaction score
Who's done this wreck, or has some insight into it?

I am contemplating it for next years' dive season. Who runs charters out to this Technical divesight, and from where? Is it moored?

This sounds like an amazing wreck to dive.

Any info at all would be appreciated. (I did a search on Dunderburg) and I came up empty.

Regards.

I've done The Dunderburg a few times. It's absolutely beautiful! Very unique - intricatly carved figurehead and bowsprit. Very intact. Lots of 'stuff' to see. & yes, moored. I's hate for this to be a ship that people anchor in to on a regular basis. I doubt the masts would last very long.

Several charter operators go to The Dunderburg. It's not a dive that you sign up for any Saturday and once there say 'I want to go to The Dunderburg'. Many of the charter operators that go out of Lexington or Sanilac also run out to The Dunderburg.

I know Rec&Tec, Underwater Outfitters, Andy Donato and I think the Stayers all go and am sure others do as well.

Paula

So call me lazy, but do you have a web site or two for the local operators?

What's the rough going rate for a 2-dive charter?

My plans would be 2 dives on her (We'd charter the boat for the day for our group). My guess would be that most would like to do 2 dives. I'm assuming 2 wouldn't be over-kill?

So the masts are still up?

I saw a pic of the figure head........a gator is it?

I'm assuming it's pitch dark and 40 degrees tops?

DeepScuba once bubbled...
So call me lazy, but do you have a web site or two for the local operators?

What's the rough going rate for a 2-dive charter?

My plans would be 2 dives on her (We'd charter the boat for the day for our group). My guess would be that most would like to do 2 dives. I'm assuming 2 wouldn't be over-kill?

So the masts are still up?

I saw a pic of the figure head........a gator is it?

I'm assuming it's pitch dark and 40 degrees tops?

Here's Gary Venet's site
RecTec dive charters

Here's a few pics of the Dunderberg
Dunderberg pics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom