During dives, most carribean divemasters wear what looks like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbacarella

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Some kind of UnderArmour t-shirt.

Are they trying to look cool, or are they wearing a specific kind of shirt for some kind of performance benefit? I prefer not to wear a wetsuit when I dive in warm water, but the rest of the divers would prefer I wear clothes, so I think I'm settled on wearing a shirt, but what kind of shirt? Does some other material work better than a cotton t-shirt?

it's probably a rash guard or chill guard, or a spf t-shirt instead of coating themselves in sunscreen over and over...

is it something like this?

borat_cannes_2.jpg

Most Caribbean DM's / Instructors I know wear fullsuits. Only a couple wear shorties but the majority wear 3 mm fullsuits and quite a few 5 mm because of repetitive diving despite it being in warm water.

It's probably a rash guard. I have one that I wear under my wetsuit or under just my BCD if I'm not wearing a suit. The BCD's will rub you raw if you do several days of consecutive diving. The rash guard prevents that and it makes my wetsiut easier to get on and off.

If it is not a rash guard, it is probably just a chicken vest for extra warmth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom