During dives, most carribean divemasters wear what looks like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some kind of UnderArmour t-shirt.

Are they trying to look cool, or are they wearing a specific kind of shirt for some kind of performance benefit? I prefer not to wear a wetsuit when I dive in warm water, but the rest of the divers would prefer I wear clothes, so I think I'm settled on wearing a shirt, but what kind of shirt? Does some other material work better than a cotton t-shirt?
I don't wear a wetsuit either, just swim trunks and either a surf shirt or a rash guard. I prefer Victory. I use them to keep the webbing on my BC from causing a rash and to afford me some amount of protection from stingy things (jellyfish, hydroids, etc.).

Surf Shirt

Rash guard

The only difference between the two is that a surf shirt fits loose and a rash guard fits tight.

It was no doubt a rashguard and hopefully not one that looked like the picture posted. You mentioned a t-shirt and my company (Victorykoredry,com) makes both rash guards and loose fit shirts made of water repellent fabrics that not only protect from the sun but also offer additional warmth (most shirts and rash guards are colder than nothing once they are wet especially when a breeze hits them).
I am new to this forum and if its inappropriate for me to mention my companies products someone let me know.

I am new to this forum and if its inappropriate for me to mention my companies products someone let me know.
I think it's totally okay when germane to the conversation, as in this case. Everybody appreciates it when it's not too heavy-handed. A company logo or link is permitted in your signature line, as well. It serves the dual purpose of a little free advertising for you and transparency for us. Industry representatives who take a sincere interest in diving and contribute to the discussion here (even when they're not flogging their product) are generally well-received. Welcome to Scubaboard.

Because it may look a little suspicious that right below my post that recommends Victory, a company rep for Victory posted, I just want to make something clear. I have NO connection to the Victory company. I'm just simply a diver and a surfer that uses their products, likes them, and think that they're worth recommending.:coffee:

probably some article of clothing some US diver left the week before-----& he's claimed it for his own now..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom